Chapter 5: "The Fourth Letter"

(Too lazy to edit photo)

Harry's Pov;

I put my broom away. My mind was running through everything that just happened in the game. What am I supposed to think about what Malfoy said? I guess I'll see if anything else happens, if not then i'll know it meant nothing.

I walked down the corridors towards the Gryffindor common room. Waiting as the stairs changed. I hurried up them and spoke the password to the fat lady.

The portrait opened and I stepped in. Usually there's a huge party here after we win a match but that obviously wasn't happening this time since we lost.

This is the first time that we lost to Slytherin, and it was my fault.

I walked up to the boys dorm on the second floor and sat on the bed. I sighed and leaned backwards, resting my head on my pillow.

Today has been strange.

A light tapping sound averted my attention from the ceiling to the window. A pure white owl carrying that oh so familiar red letter sat perched on the windowsill outside.

My breath got caught in my throat and my heart beat intensified, it seemed to be doing a lot of that recently.

I stood up with a small smile on my face. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy reading these.

I opened my window and let the bird in, closing my window again to stop it from leaving. This time I would be replying.

I opened the letter and scanned the words written on it.

Harry Potter,
You may not have won the match today, but you still looked so beautiful flying through the air. You looked so... happy. I'll see you at dinner.

~Your Secret Admirer Xx

I blushed and pulled out a blank letter. I needed to know who this was.

I dipped my pen in ink and, as neatly as possible, wrote back.

Secret Admirer,

Thank you. I know you're not expecting me to write back, so this must be a surprise to you. Your letters are always so beautiful, I needed to talk to you. I would love to meet you. I know you want to stay anonymous, please just answer this. Do I know you?

-Harry Potter

I gulped and sealed the envelope. I gave it to the bird who held it in its mouth.

"Bring this to your owner, okay?" I told it as I opened my window to let it leave. It flew off into the sky.

No going back now. I really hope they reply, I'm dying to know who this is. I can't help but fall slightly over this persons words.

Maybe gender doesn't matter...No. No. I'm not gay. I'm not into guys... Or maybe I am?