Chapter 6: "Back And Forth"

Draco's Pov;

He wrote back. He bloody wrote back.

I was sitting in my room when my owl returned. He set a letter beside me and I looked at it confused. Did Harry... No he couldn't have.

I opened the plain envelope and pulled out a letter. I read it over and over. My heart was beating so fast. He replied. That damn, handsome, git replied.

He wanted to know who I was and If he knew me. What am I supposed to say?

I pulled out a red envelope and blank letter. I set my ink beside me and dipped my pen into it.

I hovered above it, trying to figure out what to say. I obviously couldn't say who I was, that would be a death sentence. He knows me... Should I at least say that?

My foot tapped against the ground impatiently. I brought the pen to the paper and wrote. My writing wasn't as neat as normal, I was shaking slightly from nerves. Leave it to Harry to find a way to reply to a anonymous letter.

Harry Potter,

I am definitely surprised to see that you replied, but at the same time... It is very like you. I should have expected this. You're very curious aren't you? Let's make a deal. I'll let you ask me questions, as long as I can ask you one in return, and by the end if you can guess who I am I will admit to it. I will admit to loving every beautiful, dorky part of you. Do we have a deal? Also to answer your question, yes. You do know me.

~Your Secret Admirer Xx

What am I thinking? What am I doing. This was going to end badly. But that didn't stop me from sealing the letter and sending it to him. Nope. My dumb self replied. I guess there's no going back now. I'm a Malfoy, I can handle a stupid, silly....Gorgeous, lovable, kind boy that makes my heart beat faster than it should and blush when I see him... I mean um. Nope, I'm screwed.

It wasn't until 20 minutes later that my owl returned, another letter in its mouth.

Secret Admirer,

I half expected you to not reply, but I'm glad you did. A deal? That sounds like it could be fun. I'm in. So I do know you... I guess that makes things a little easier. Or it would if I didn't know the majority of Hogwarts. You do go to Hogwarts right?

-Harry Potter

I smiled because I knew I was screwed. So deeply screwed, and I loved it.

I replied to Harry's letter and sent it off.

Harry Potter,

I didn't expect myself to reply, in all honesty, either. I'm glad I did. Since you're in, I promise to keep my word of telling you if you guess correctly. It's true, you know basically everyone, but more people know you. You're quite the popular one Mr.Potter. I guess I have some competition. Yes, I go to Hogwarts. What do you like to do during your free time? Lame question, I know.

-Your Secret Admirer Xx

The next letter came soon after.

Secret Admirer,

I'm glad you replied too. That's true but just because I'm well known it doesn't mean they really know me. I usually just read or hangout with my friends. It's not lame! You're trying to get to know me... It's cute. Are you a guy or girl?

-Harry Potter

Did he just call me cute? His writing got shaky near the end, kind of like he was nervous to the reply. I don't even know if he is gay. I swallowed hard and wrote my reply.

Harry Potter,

I understand what you mean. Cute? I didn't realize we were talking about you. To answer your question, I'm a guy. I don't know whether or not you're gay, and I'm sorry if this changes things. How does knowing my gender make you feel?

-Your Secret Admirer Xx

That was our last letter for the night, another letter never came and my chest hurt. My eyes stung but I didn't let myself cry. I guess I knew the answer to my question. Harry James Potter was straight and definitely not into me.

I'll be skipping dinner tonight. At least it's the weekend tomorrow.