Chapter 11: "I like you."

Draco's Pov;

"I can explain." I pleaded.

Shit. Shit. Shit. How did this happen. He knows I'm the one who's been sending him letters. I am screwed. So completely screwed.

Of course Hedwig had to come deliver a letter when the sender itself is right beside me. Just my luck. But he's been trying to reply to me... Does that mean I was upset over nothing?

I held the letter tighter in my hand. Harry didn't say anything. He just sat there, wait is that blush? He's blushing... Oh god that's cute.

"Harry?" I spoke softly. It was weird using his first name but it felt normal.

"Oh- um.." He seemed to snap out of his daze. "Alright..." He nodded. "After class."

I nodded in reply and glanced back down at the letter. I really want to read it all. Should I? I need to know what he said.

I pulled the letter back out of the envelope again and started to unfold it.

Harry's eyes darted from me to the letter quickly. A look of realization spreading across his face.

"Nonononononono" he mumbled as he reached to grab the letter out of my hand.

I dodged it and started reading. My heart was pacing fast.

He attempted for another grab. "Don't read it." He pleaded. I grabbed his wrist in my left hand to stop him from grabbing it and he blushed causing me to do the same. "Hm?" I raised my eyebrow. "Too bad." I winked.

I started to read again as he hung his head down still blushing. My hand still grabbing his wrist gently.

Secret Admirer,

I hope you can forgive me, I am so sorry that it took me this long to reply, to realize that it's okay if you're a guy. It's okay. I was unsure of myself, of how I would feel if I really embraced my feelings. How would other people feel if they found out that the 'Chosen One' was indeed gay. That's why no one else other than you can know. Promise me that this can stay between us? I know you may be upset or mad at me and i'll understand if you out me. Again... I'm sorry.

-Harry Potter

He's gay... My mouth slowly formed into a smile. Does that mean I have a chance? I gripped his wrist a little tighter and he looked back up at me shocked at my smile. My heart was beating at an alarming rate.

"You can laugh if you want." He pouted and looked down at his wrist where my hand occupied the bare skin.

"Why would I do that?" I questioned confused. Does he not think I was serious about the letters?

"Because I'm-" I interrupted him.

"I meant what I said in the letters Harry." My expression was serious and I moved my thumb on his skin.

His blush darkened as did mine.

The bell rang signalling it was the end of class. A drop of sweat slid down my face and I wiped it away.

I was nervous and slightly shaking. I'm going to have to be open with Harry. I have no choice. I know I'll probably be rejected but at least then I can move on... or say I did.

Harry stood up first and then I followed and started picking up my books.

Students were filing out as did the teacher. I guess we're talking here.

"You coming mate?" Ron called out to him from the front of the class.

"Sorry, I have something I need to do." He smiled. Man he's gorgeous.