Problems

"What do you mean they are not all dead?" Danny cried. It wasn't that he was upset that there were some still alive, he was overjoyed. It was just that his mission became a whole lot harder.

He turned to Charon to make sure she wasn't lying. It wasn't like Charon to lie but you never know with ghosts.

"Exactly what I said," Charon replied.

"How can that be? I saw them lying dead! I saw their souls enter the ghost zone. They're glowing for crying out loud!"

He put his hand through his hair in frustration. He had seen them lying there. That memory was haunting him every time he closed his eyes.

"Phantom do you know what a coma is?" asked Charon. Danny looked at her funny. He was in one for a month after his accident two years ago. Of course he knew what a coma was!

"Yes." he replied looking at Sam. She herself was looking at Charon wide eyed as if she understood what Charon was implying. He didn't...

"My King, your living classmates are in a coma. If you do not get them home to their bodies then they will die." Charon told them.

So that's what happened to brain dead people. Danny shivered at the thought. He looked at Charon.

"How long do I have?" Danny asked. In his life there was always a time limit.

He paced back and forth. He hoped that there was no time limit but knowing his luck...

"You had five human days." A tear glistened in Charon's eye. "I must go, my duty is calling me. The next time I see you will be in dire circumstances." She then disappeared, catching the attention of several of the ghosts in the yard. Danny shooed them away. The prisoners floated closer to their prison mates and began talking about him and Charon. Normally this would bug him but his thoughts were on other things.

"They're alive?" Danny murmured. Then the realization of what he just said hit him. "They're alive!"

While Danny was cheering, Sam was having different thoughts.

Charon had told them something dire would happen, it usually meant that someone was going to die.

"Danny," she said, "something bad is about to happen." Worry was etched onto her face. Danny had seen that look twice; once when he was fighting Pariah Dark and once when he was gathering ghosts to save the world from the Disasteroid.

He hated that look on her face.

Danny then understood what Sam meant.

"Don't worry about Charon Sam." Danny smiled. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Sam rolled her eyes in annoyance. Danny ignored her in his excitement.

It took him five minutes to realize something; they had a problem.

Sam sighed. "Yeah, I know. I'll stop worrying.

"How are we going to bring them all home?"

It would break his code if he willingly let ghosts, he didn't know if they were evil or not, into the human realm. But he couldn't let the living die.

"I don't know Danny." The two thought for a while, Danny about how to take his classmates home and Sam about what Charon had meant about dire events.

Danny began pacing and eventually broke the silence."I think we should go get the class."

"What do we do when we get them? Do we split them up? Do we tell them that some of them are dead? What do we do?" Sam asked angrily.

"Sam calm down."

"Danny how can I calm down? Our world has come crashing down and it keeps getting more and more difficult to make it right. We can't go get them until we figure out what to do. If we get them we could be getting ourselves into a deeper hole."

"We can't just let them sit there." Danny looked at Sam.

"We can't guide them blindly, besides Walker's probably not finished with the rules yet." Sam said , exasperated.

"We only have five days."Danny murmured as he began pacing.

"Five days is enough isn't it?"Sam asked.

"One ghost zone day equals two and a half human days," Danny sighed miserably. The good news made things more complicated. He tried thinking of several ways to do his job and soon came to an awful conclusion.

"I have to tell them."

"Tell them what?"

"I have to tell them that half of them are dead and the other half of them are in a coma."

"Danny, that's not going to help the situation either. They'll lash out making your job harder."

"What do you suggest I do"

"You can Duplicate." Sam reminded him.

"Sam I can't hold my duplicate for longer than three hours!"

"You'll only need three hours."

"True. How do you explain them splitting into groups?"

"It's safer to travel in separate groups" Sam smiled.

"True. Let's go back."

"You might want to make your duplicate Fenton."

"Why?" Danny asked curious. Didn't they say Fenton was at Pandora's?

"When you bring them home they'll ask where Fenton is. When they wake up from their comas they may ask your parents how they rescued you."

"Yeah that won't end well. How are we going to convince some of them to go with Fenton though?" Danny asked nervous. Most people would definitely chose Phantom over Fenton any day.

"Phantom will tell them that Fenton is taking a faster way home while the rest are taking a longer route home."

"That'll work. I'm sure Mary and Paulina will want to keep going and put off going home." Danny replied sarcastically.

"Appeal to their obsessions if all else fails." Sam sighed. She really didn't like the idea of Paulina clinging onto Danny, but it had to be done.

They walked back to the room thinking over what they were going to have to do. The ghosts moaned and begged again for Danny to have mercy. Danny knew he would be talking to Walker about this. They stopped in front of the door they had left the class in.

"You know you'll have to go back with Fenton and not return." Danny said sadly.

Sam nodded, "Be safe and don't do anything stupid." Danny was well know for doing things stupid. He almost died at least ten times now.

Danny nodded. This might be the last time they could talk before Charon's dire event came about.

He stopped and made the duplicate. The duplicate turned into duplicate nodded and grabbed Sam's hand. All three entered the room.

Walker was still droning, half the class appeared to be sleeping. Only Dash was attentive. He spotted Sam, Danny and the duplicate enter the room.

"Fenturd? What are you doing here?" Dash asked surprised.

This got the class' attention. Danny's clone shuffled nervously.

"I got lost, I found my way back here. Phantom said he needed my help." Mikey's eyes narrowed at this excuse.

"Why are you back here?" Paulina asked disgusted. The true Danny rolled his eyes, if only she knew. Then again she would probably know at the end of this trip.

"I'm here to help bring you home." Danny's clone smiled, "I know my way back from here."