Rescue

The group stared at the down villian. Gasping Vlad sat upright and glared at his attacker.

"You are a fool." Vlad informed Jack's defender. "You could have very well killed him. Besides you know I might have other captives. Now I can go kill them."

"You don't have any other captives. You have been shooting people left and right, sending them here." The defender replied.

Vlad glared at the class then smiled. "So you will you change the timeline? You can erase me from existence and save these people. You could stop yourself from making my timeline."

"I can't. Sam and Tucker and your true counterpart will die." Danny replied his hands still green from the shot he threw.

"Don't the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?" The insane but trying to be logical ghost asked.

"Yeah!" Mikey agreed. "Are you going to let us stay dead?"

"Why are you asking me this? Do you want your timeline to be erased?" Danny wondered angrily.

"Are you a hero they can depend on or are you a selfish villain like me?" Vlad smiled seeing the look of doubt on Danny's face.

Jack at this point stood up, grabbed a Fenton thermos from somewhere. He motioned for Phantom to move out of the way and caught the insane ghost. He stared at Phantom and Danny knew just what was about to happen. His dad wanted answers.

"Why can't you change the timeline? You could make it possible where we exist as well as you! These kids wouldn't have to die." Jack thought aloud. It sounded truly logical. Danny cringed at the hopeful looks aimed at him.

"If I change the timeline so that they could live than some other people would have to die. Maybe even more people's lives would have to be erased. Everything is how it's meant to be, or Clockwork would have interfered with the timeline. Do you really want to end someone's life so you could live?" Danny asked aiming the last question at the angry no longer nerd.

Mikey growled causing the girls of the group to shriek in fear. "Replace my life with someone suicidal or with your own."

Melody was the one who replied. "Mikey it wouldn't be fair if someone had to die for you. Danny can't die for you because the world needs him to live. Mikey some things happ-"

She never finished her sentence because Mikey flew off.

Leanna turned to Danny smiling. "Can you take us to our new home? I know you were trying to gently lay the truth on us about us being dead but I'm tired and I'm sure the others are too..."

Danny nodded smiling sadly. "Follow me."

"Sorry Phantom but I can take it from here." Charon appeared from the shadows surprising everyone.

"Charon." Melody smiled. Danny gave the girl a funny look.

"Why did you make Fenton take us home?" Dash asked forgetting that Fenton's father was with the group.

"To everything there is a purpose. Things don't happen just by chance. One event tips the scales. One step starts the journey." Charon replied cryptically.

"Basically Danny had to take us home or else something bad might have happened." Melody summed up.

"Good thing for the timeline I have a hero complex." Danny muttered then turned to Charon. "Can I come with?"

"What about Jack Fenton?" Charon asked.

Jack sat there looked at the teens and smiled. "I want to come."

"Charon smiled. "Then let's go to their home."