I Think She Makes Me Happy

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭139:13-14‬ ‭NIV‬

This chapter will take place the same time as Serena's chapter.

🕷Jacob's POV🕷

It's finally Friday and I'm ready to not be in this building for the next two days.

"Alright class, you have until the end of the day to pass in the project, but if you pass it in now, you will receive five bonus points." The teachers says, I grin at Serena and she smiles back.

She walks up to the desk and puts the project in a bin.

"I think we got an 105." I say once she comes back to our table.

"Don't get even more cocky, Jacob. What happens if we get an eighty?" We won't.

She's so smart, I actually worked on this project, and.... wait a minute.

"What do you mean 'even more'?" I ask regarding her statement about my 'cockiness'.

She laughs. "You were already cocky, so assuming that we aced the project makes you even more cocky. It's a fact." But she's smart, so I have a reason.

"Whatever." I grumble. She giggles and pinches my cheeks. The skin she touched tingles.

We take notes for the rest of class and I had the strong need to bang my head against the table.

Lunch comes and I use the beginning of it to go to Ms. Whatshername.

"Hello. Can I know what Serena and I got on our project?"

She scrutinizes me, "Let me see if I graded it yet."

She looks through a pile of papers and shuffles them, "You got an a hundred."

"Thank you." I walk out. It wasn't the grade I expected, but it's still closer to what I thought than her.

Walking down the hall in a good mood, it turns sour in a split second when someone comes sauntering up to me.

"What do you want?" I sigh.

"I miss you." She sticks her bottom lip out dramatically. I roll my eyes.

Taking my phone out, I text Nick to tell him to tell Serena that we got a hundred on the project.

"What is it gonna take to leave me alone?" I groan in annoyance.

"Why don't we go somewhere private and I'll tell you." She tries to be seductive but now it's just disgusting.

"No." I say flatly.

She huffs, "Is it because of that girl? She's not even pretty." I snap.

"Don't speak of her like that!"

"Why? Do you like her? If you do, that'd be a total downgrade. I'm so much better than that sorry excuse of a-" I push her against the lockers.