Broken

"If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

🥊Jacob's POV🥊

The alarm blares, but there's no warm body next to me. I throw my arm to the table to turn it off. My head turns to the side, the side where my princessa would be. She'd open her eyes, still tired, and smile at me. She'd say 'good morning', and I'd reply with the same. I'd tell her I love her, and she'd give me that smile and say she loves me too.

I can feel the puffiness of my eyes as I get out of bed. Should I even go to school? I'm kind of doubting that Serena would go. Actually, she probably would. She's smart, and she's strong. She can get through a school day without me. I doubt I'm important to her now. With no amount of ambition at all, I get out of bed and into the bathroom. Her toothbrush is still here. Angrily, I toss it in the trash. I brush my teeth, keeping my head down to not look in the mirror.

There's no resolution within me to try. I simply go downstairs to grab my keys, and then leave. However, my plan does not succeed. Mami is there, a tired look in her eyes.

"Hijo, what's wrong?" she asks, noticing me.

"I'm fine."

"You are lying to me. Tell me the truth, hijo," her warm eyes soften.

I feel the resolve in me weaken, I can feel the waterworks build up again. Walking up to stand next to her, I release my problem onto her.

"I broke up with Serena."

"What!? Por qué harías eso?"

"Mami, please."

"No. I won't stop until I have an answer that I'm satisfied with," she puts her hands on my shoulder. "I know you love her. Tell me why you left her."

"I can't."

She sighs disappointingly. With a kiss on my forehead—making me wonder how she did it since I'm taller than her—she lets me go.

"Go before you're late to school."

I nod my head and turn around towards the door. Sitting in the driver's seat, I look over to my right. She's not here, and will never be. How can I get her back? Her father is some psycho with a gun—never a good combination. He'll hurt someone if I say anything. Groaning, I start driving to school. The drive isn't that long, especially since I don't have to pick her up. When I get to school, everyone looks at me. I hear whispers of us.

"So sad... I can be with him."
"She's gone. Good."
"Probably wasn't good sex."
"He's... mess. Sexy."
"...Tap that."

I glare at everyone in my vicinity. They quiet down some. I walk closer to the guys. They give me hesitant looks. I sigh under my breath. I kind of knew this was going to happen. I lean against a tree.

"You okay, dude?" Danny asks.

"I'm fine," I tell him, not giving eye contact.

He sighs but drops it. The next minute is silent except for the whispered chatters of Hailey and Becca. I hear Becca gasp. Looking up, I'm met with Nate getting out of his car, Serena in the passenger seat. My chest constricts. She looks awful. Still beautiful, but tired and worn down. The girls get up to go to her. I listen as people whisper about her. The girls take her inside and I chew on the insides of my cheek. She looks so tired. I wish she stayed home. It would've been better for the both of us.