The Big Date

"Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"— before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars grow dark, and the clouds return after the rain;"
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Dedicated to zeila2009 and DirtyOrNah and _WildFlower19_

And to tragic_beauties for the wonderful new cover. Thank you for making it.

🏆Jacob's POV🏆

I did it. I actually did it. I asked out my princessa. Her reaction to my question had me on cloud nine. She looked so happy and excited. I'm so glad I'm the cause of that reaction. I am just really glad that tomorrow is Saturday, or school would've just ruined my mood.

I can't wait to go on this date, which is interesting since I've never dated a girl, just sex.

I really want to impress her. I really do.

🔶Serena's POV🔶

Waking up the next morning, I can't keep the laugh from escaping my lips. Okay, calm yourself. Taking a deep breath in and then out, I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. Doing my morning business, I walk back out and put on my fuzzy slippers. Once I leave my room, I get a whiff of platanos. My stomach grumbles at the delicious smell.

"Buenos días, mami." I say as I walk into the kitchen and lean on the counter next to the stove.

"Buenos días, hija." She says, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"How did you sleep?" I ask her, getting two plates from the cabinet.

"I slept fine. Beckett helped lighten the load." Well that's new.

"Who's Beckett?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"...Just a co-worker. Nothing else."

"Nothing else? That's a weird thing to say."

There is the tiniest bit of blush on her cheeks, "It's nothing. I just haven't had my coffee yet."

"Alright." I grab a fork and put six platanos on my plate.

The coffee maker dings and she hastily pours herself a mug. I eye her warily before pouring some cremá next to the platanos. We eat in silence and once I've finished, I quickly rinse the plate and put it in the dishwasher.

"Why are you so hyper this morning?"

"Well... I've got a date... with Jacob."

She squeals before laughing, "My OTP!!"

"Mom please." I groan and place my face in my hands.

"What? I knew it would happen... and you didn't believe me." She jokingly glares at me.

I shift uncomfortably, "Okay. I was wrong, happy?"

"Very." She says smugly.

I blink a couple times before going back upstairs. Laying down on my bed, my mind starts to bring up questions.