The Carnival

"Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment."
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:19‬ ‭NIV‬‬

🎀Serena's POV 🎀

Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke.

Who keeps poking me? Don't they realize how important sleep is to me?

I groan and bury myself further into the warmth next to me, hoping that it would keep me safe from the dreaded poking.

"Serena." A deep voice whispers and I shiver. That was a nice sound. I want to hear it again.

Fingers soon brush against my thighs up to my waist making me squirm. The deep voice laughs again.

"Make her wake up, Jacob!" A feminine voice speaks. Are they talking about me? If so, don't wake me up.

"Princessa." His voice calls again, and he shakes me.

"No." I groan, wrapping my arms around him and bringing my body closer to hide the light that glares against my eyes.

The blanket is ripped from my body and I jerk up, hopelessly searching for its warmth. I look up angrily at Becca and she just laughs.

"Give me that back." I demand. Goosebumps arise on my arms and legs and I compress me body together tighter.

"No. You need to get up."

"But I don't want to." I groan and let my body fall back next to Jacob's. He's so warm.

"Why are you so lazy? What happened to all those sports?" Ugh.

"I used to do those, but since I haven't done them in a while I turned lazy." She rolls her eyes at my answer.

"Come on, get up." He coaxes me, gently.

"Do I have to?" I whine.

"Your mom made pancakes." Becca states.

"I'm up." I yell, lifting my upper body off the bed. They both laugh at me making me pout.

As Becca leaves my room, I get off my bed and head for the bathroom. Closing my eyes for one second, relishing in the last bits of sleep, I bump my nose into a wall.

"Ow."

Laughs followed by a thump are heard from behind me. Turning around, I see Jacob sprawled across the floor laughing his butt off.

"Don't laugh at me." I pout, sniffling falsely. Hopefully he'll fall for it.

He gradually stops laughing and frowns. "Oh I'm sorry. Are you okay?" His eyes are wide with concern as he comes up next to me and checks my face for any bruising.

I laugh at his face, "You fell for it."

He pouts exaggeratedly, "That's not nice."

"Well it wasn't nice for me either when you laughed at me."

"Good point. Now go to the bathroom and fix yourself so we can go eat." He gently pushes me into the bathroom.

"Pushy pushy." I mumble.

"Heard that." Oops.

"Oh well." I reply.

I do all of my morning routines and then exit the bathroom. And when I do, Jacob goes right in. Sheesh. Couldn't wait any longer could he?

Nonetheless, I head for my closet and grab my fuzzy socks along with my blue slippers. Ooh warm. I take a look at my bed and frown at its disarray. It's like a tornado went through my bed. Tidying the blankets a little, I turn to walk outside until my waist is grabbed.