3: Mom! Really!?

Picture of Madi

I opened the door to my house. My little sister came running to me and gave me a hug. "Hi, Madi!" She squeals in her adorable five year old voice. "Hey, Hannah!" I say, hugging her back. I give her a quick kiss on the forehead, before I run upstairs to my room to charge my phone.

My room is small. I don't have to share it anymore, that's good. I have a older sister, who is now in collage. I use to have to share a room with her. I have 5 people all together in my family. I have my mom, dad, Grace, Me, and Hannah. "Madi, sweetie! Come downstairs!" My mom calls. I walk downstairs, she is in the kitchen, as usual. "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" She asks. I shrug. "Nothing special, just a normal day."

That was a lie. Something special did happen. The hottest guy in school was flirting with me. But I couldn't say that. She would kill me if she found out that the bad boy, Blake, was flirting with me. Well, I'm not even sure if she knows who he is. But she answers my question. "Oh, yeah, Madi, the Barnhart's are coming over for dinner tonight." She says, my jaw drops at that. I look at her, my eyes wide. "Mom! Really!?" I yell, and she frowns at me. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"There son, Blake! That's what wrong! Why would you even invite them!" I exclaim. "What? Blake's dad is working with your father now, he wanted to get to know them, and Blake doesn't have a mother, so it's just two people." My mom says, her voice calm. I give her a confused look. "I didn't know Blake's parents where divorced." I say, she shakes her head. "They didn't divorce, his mom died from suicide." She says, I gasp. Was that, sympathy, that I felt towards Blake? No, impossible. "Oh.." I say, awkwardly. "Well, I'm going to go get ready now." I say, walking upstairs to my room. I guess I'm having dinner with Blake and his dad.