17: Jake Problems

I walk through the hallways of school, when Jake runs up to me. I ignore him. "Madi, I'm so sorry about how I acted last night." Jake says. I still don't look at him. "Madi, look at me." He growls, I turn around. "What!" I snap. He flinches at me words. Maybe that was a little too harsh, but I was really mad at him. I try to soften my tone. "What do you want Jake?" I ask, he gives me a sympathetic look. "I want to apologize!" He says, so many people have been apologizing to me lately, first Blake, now him. Pretty much all the boys in my life, well, who are important..

I turn my attention back to Jake. "I was high." He said. And I smirk. "Yeah, I noticed when you where chugging my dad beers!" I spit. Once again he flinches. "Well, that's not all I wanted to talk about, Madi, you rejected my kiss! Blake saved you from your boyfriend trying to kiss you!" Jake growls. More like Rape me, I think, but I wasn't going to say that out loud. "So? You where going to fast, Jake." I say, giving him a upset look. "What do you want me to do? Not kiss you?" Jake growls.

God he was so confusing! One moment he was sweet and apologizing, the next he was a jerk! Jake Problems... I snap my attention back to him, when he growls. "Look at me Madi." He says. I slam my locker shut. "What the hell do you want from me, Jake!" I start, "you've already been a big enough jerk to me!" I say. He runs a hand through his brown hair. "Madi.." He growls. "What!" I yell, wanting to move, but my feet listen to me, they just stayed planted, right here in front of Jake.

"Dam it Madi, I want you." He says, his voice softening. My heart fluttered at his words. No Madi, stay strong. He gently stroke my cheek, causing me to shiver. Calm down, don't let him affect you... He kisses me. A soft, sweet, kiss. I kissed back. What am I doing? We are in a fight. Why can I never pull away from kisses? What is wrong with me!!! I fall for people to easily, and I let them Hurt me. I push Jake off me. "Madi." He whispers, gripping my wrist. "I'm sorry, can we talk about this after school." I say once the bell rang. I really didn't want to talk about this right now. "Sure." He says, walking to class.

I walk to fourth period with Mr. Austin. I take my seat. Blake sat on the other side of the classroom. Mr. Austin started teaching, and I was scribbling down notes. We had a lot of homework on this tonight. I hear Blake laughing with his friends. "Mr. Barnhart!" Mr. Austin snaps. "This seems to happen everyday." Blake says, not looking at him. His friends laugh. "Are you going to send me out now? You should have Madi take me again."he says, winking at me. I blush at his wink.

•••••••

I knock on Jakes front door. He opens it. "Hey Madi." He mumbles. I give him a weak smile. He steps outside, and stand hovering over me. "Are we okay?" He asks, and my eyes widen. "Of course we are not okay!" I say, and he gives me a hurt look. "Are we still together?" Jake asks. "I don't know, are we?" I ask, and he locks eyes with me. "I think we should be."