28: Blakes Brother

I walk inside my house, and see my family watching tv. They all turn to look at me. I look at my feet. "Grace, can we talk?" I say, not looking at her. "We probably should." She says, standing up. I follow her outside to the bench. Once we sit down i turn to face her. "Grace, I'm not a little kid anymore. I think I should be able to decide who I want to spend my time with." I say. She sighs. "I know you should Madi." She says. I look at her shocked, I thought she was going to object.

"It's just that. I don't trust Blake, because of what his brother did to me." Grace says, tears started coming to her eyes. "Blake's brother, Noah, is my roommate." Grace says. My eyes widen at her words. "You can't be roommates with a boy!" I exclaim. "You can if there is only enough people for it." She says. "Anyways, we became close. First we hated each other, then we were friends, then friends with benefits, finally we decided to date." Grace says, locking eyes with me. "I loved him, fück, I still love him." She says, running a hand through her long brown hair.

"What happened?" I ask. "I found he cheating on me. He was making out with my best friend when I was about to tell him good bye for break." She says. A tear tricking down her cheek. I wrap my arms around her, giving her a hug. "I'm so sorry Grace, I had no idea." I says. She gives me a sad smile. "It's okay Madi. But I'm going to have to see him again after break." She says. "It's okay, you will get through it, you always do."

And it was true. My sister was not at all like me. She was a bad girl. She tries to hide it from adults. She does hide it from teachers and our parents. But I know who she really is. Grace smokes, drinks, she is beautiful so she is defiantly not virgin. In high school she gave herself up to her boyfriend, Hunter. He just used her. She cusses, a lot more than me. But she seems different. It is like one year in collage made her a better person. "Grace. Do you still smoke and drink?" I ask, she shrugs. "Not as much, maybe like once a month?" She says.

I raise an eyebrow. I on the other hand have never held a cigar. And I never drank before. I am virgin, and I cuss every so often. Grace was a good girl in front of her teachers and parents though. "So, you think Blake will be like Noah?" I ask, and she nods her head. "Grace, just because they are related doesn't mean that they will be the same, and do you know why they are so messed up in the first place?" I growl. "Why?" She asks, her eyebrows raised. She had a small smirks on her face. "Because their mom commuted suicide!" I exclaim.

She jumps at my words. "You didn't know?" I ask. "I didn't..." She says. "Oh, I should've let him tell you, sorry." I say, looking down. She snorts. "Like I would want to talk to him anyways." She says, not saying Noah's name. I smile. "But I am not breaking up with Blake, I
Love him." I say, locking eyes with her. "You don't know what love is." She says. "Oh, I pretty sure I do." I say, before I stand up. "So we good?" Grace asks. "We're good."