Chapter Three

After Chat left, Marinette couldn't go to sleep so she was currently running on zero hours. The dark bags under her eyes were very prominent as she yawned into her desk.

"Girl, what did you do last night? You look worse than you did yesterday." Alya frowned as she looked at her unhealthy best friend.

"I couldn't sleep." Marinette yawned as Adrien sat down in front of her next to Nino.

"Good morning Marinette, Alya." The blonde waved to them before fist bumping Nino.

"Morning Adrien." Marinette replied weakly. Alya elbowed her hard in the arm.

"Girl, you just talked to Adrien without stuttering!"

Marinette gave a lazy smile with two thumbs up. "I'm too tired to understand what's going on."

Alya grinned, waiting for Marinette to realize what she did. Mrs. Bustier walked in the class at the same time realization hit Marinette like a brick.

"Wait, I did what?!" Marinette yelled out, slamming her open palms down flat on the desk as she stood up.

Alya giggled as the class looked at her in shock.

"Marinette, are you alright?" Mrs. Bustier asked from her spot by the chalk board.

"Y-yeah." She fervently shook her head no. "W-wait!" She started to nod fastly.

"Wait what are we talking about?" Alya helped her friend sit down, as Marinette looked over to her.

"Alya what were we talking about?" She roughly whispered as she glanced back at Mrs. Bustier.

"Marinette I think you should go to the nurse's office to lay down for a while." The teacher said with some worry laced in her voice.

Marinette nodded and yawned, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Adrien, Alya, please assist her to the nurse. I honestly don't think she can make it on her own."

"Yes ma'am." The two teens answered before helping her up.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" She looked at Alya with big sky blue puppy eyes.

"Let's get you down the stairs first girl."

She faintly smiled.

Adrien's PoV

He rushed into the classroom just in time. He let out a breath of relief before sitting down by his bespectacled best friend. He turned to see Alya and Marinette who currently had her head on the desk.

"Good morning Marinette, Alya."

He waved before turning back around and fist bumping Nino.

"Dude you look tired. You stay up again?"

Adrien nodded. "Something like that." His face flushed as the actions of the previous night flooded his mind.

Marinette felt so warm, I didn't want her to let go. She's so kind and sweet and loving, not to mention beautiful.

Snap out of it Adrien! What about Ladybug?

He was snapped back into reality as he heard Marinette yell.

"Wait, I did what?!"

He quickly twisted around to look at the blue eyed and blue haired girl before him.

He noticed the dark bags under her eyes and the glossy look of sleepless nights that were glazed over her eyes.

His mind began to wander off again, thinking about how worried those eyes were the night before, but was brought back once more by Marinette.

She was wildly shaking her head as she yelled out a Yeah!

"W-wait!" She began to nod her head yes. "Wait," she repeated, "what were we talking about?"

She looked around the room with bewildered eyes as Alya helped the beautiful girl in front of him sit down.

Marinette was moving her mouth but he couldn't hear what she was saying.

Mrs. Bustier was talking but his mind was wrapped around Marinette. It wasn't until his name was mentioned he started to listen.

"Adrien, Alya, please assist her to the nurse. I honestly don't think she can make it on her own."

"Yes ma'am." Alya and him said at the same time as they went to either side of the girl.

Once they left the room, Marinette spoke again.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" The girl in his arms turned to the brunette.

"Let's get you down the stairs first girl."

How did she even walk to school today?

He thought to himself as he easily carried half of Marinette's weight as she unsteadily wobbled with each step she took down the stairs.

Once they got down Alya took Marinette to the bathroom. Adrien leaned against the wall by the door with his arms crossed.

Maybe I should visit her as Chat Noir tonight? I mean first her back and now this, I need to make sure my Princess is alright.

"Adrien! I need your help! Get in here model boy!"

Adrien reacted instantly after hearing Alya yell. He forcefully pushed the door open as various situations flew through his mind.

Oh god Princess, please be okay.

He sighed in relief as he saw Marinette peacefully sleeping, curled up in a ball on the linoleum floor. Her chest raised and lowered in a steady rhythm.

"Sorry, she won't wake up and I can't carry her." Alya explained, biting her lip.

"It's fine." He kneeled down beside the peaceful girl and put one arm under her legs and another under her arms.

When he lifted her up, Marinette began to shift and squirm uncomfortably in his grasp.

He wanted to punch himself in the face. How could he forget her bruises and cuts. He swiftly and gently readjusted her so her legs were wrapped around his torso and her arms wrapped around his neck.

He placed his hand on her thighs and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Mmm, Chat." She slurred in a hushed tone into his neck before snuggling closer. He stiffened and felt his heart race, not to mention the redness that coated his cheeks and the tips of his ears.

There was a flash and Alya spoke up.

"That's so cute!" She gushed. Adrien turned to see her intensely clicking away on her phone.

Princess.

Marinette's PoV

She faintly heard the sound of people talking before someone touched her. Hands were touching her back before she felt herself being lifted up.

Pain shot up and down her back and she writhed in pain.

There was a shift and movement but the pain ceases as the person's arm was removed from her back. Hands forced her legs to wrap around something hard and muscly. The same soft big hands wrapped her arms around something soft and hot.

Instantly her new favorite smell hit her nose. The faint smell of cheese masked by a honey and mint mixture. Chat. Chat. Chat.

"Mmm," she snuggled deeper into the person's hot neck, their  pulse beating fast. "Chat."

Chat. Chat is my new favorite smell.

Hey! What do you think about the Chat's smell thing? Yay or nay? Until next time, peace!