Chapter Twenty Three

This is the final chapter! I'm so sad but so happy! I really enjoyed writing this, and your guys' comments made it even better. Anyways, there will be a sequel. I'll put the title at the end of the chapter!

Chat popped his eyes open as he felt freezing cold water surround him. He quickly swam up.

As soon as he broke the surface he began to cough and sputter out the water in his mouth. He watched as Nino and Juleka's heads bobbed out of the water. Chat began to look around for Marinette.

"Marinette!" But no one came up. He took a deep breath before diving back down into the freezing water. His night vision turned on as he saw a green version of Marinette struggling against the water. Her arms and legs kicked spazzically and she had puffed out cheeks.

Chat swam as fast as he could down to her. He grabbed her slim waist and held onto her with one arm as he propelled them up.

She began to cough water out as they reached the air and held on tightly to Chat. She shivered from the freezing air and equally cold water as she continued to cough into his shoulder. He held on tightly to her and floated in place as Nino and Juleka swam over to them in a hurry.

"Can't..." She coughed again before continuing. "Swim." She hated herself for it, but she never grew up learning how to swim. She didn't like going to the pool, instead she liked to draw in her sketchbook of a new swimsuit instead. She was starting to regret that choice.

Chat gave her a soft smile at her attempt of a joke. "Just hold onto me Princess. I'll protect you." He told her before Nino and Juleka got to them.

"Marinette are you okay?!" Nino asked as he swam to the other side of her. She nodded her head in response.

"Can't swim." She explained in a scratchy voice. Nino looked at how desperately she clung to Chat for safety.

"Are you scared of water? Like, in an ocean or a pool?" Marinette nodded again as goosebumps raised on her arms.

"W-Who do you th-think is in the n-n-nightmare?" She chattered out as she shivered. Chat held her tightly as he began to swim in a random direction.

"Only one way to find out."

~~~~~

Marinette's lips were starting to turn blue. Chat had noticed that a few minutes ago. As he looked around, the others had blue lips as well, and were puffing out white clouds of breath.

"H-hold o-on t-t-to me f-for w-warmth." He told them. They began to crowd around Marinette, giving her the most warmth. She tried her best to warm Chat up but her cold body could do nothing. His blonde hair was starting to freeze as was hers. The hair plastered to her face were crisp and immobile.

"K-Kitty. M-May-b-be i-it's not a d-dream." She shivered and held onto him tighter and secretly nuzzled his neck in affection.

His heart raced at the feeling and he grinned. "I still h-have t-to save you a-anyways." He turned his head slightly and cheekily winked at her.

Nino and Juleka were completely oblivious to their conversation.

"Hello?" Nino called out into the gray world.

"Help!" A girl screamed. Out in the distance, Marinette pointed towards the floating pink in the distance.

"Alix! C-Chat it's A-Alix!" Marinette said loudly into Chat's ear. He nodded and began to paddle forward, as fast as his frozen, numb, bones could go.