Chapter Twelve

Hey so before you read this I would like to say that I did not copy this book from @neverlanded and they did not copy this book from me.

Also in Chapter Ten a lot of people have been talking about the part where his jeans were tight. I PUT A WARNING AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER.

That's all.

When Marinette walked into the classroom the next day, everyone but Adrien gaped at the necklace she was wearing. Instead of having a slacked jaw, Adrien grinned as he saw the black pendant that laid perfectly in between her collarbones.

"How the hell do you have that?! You can't afford black diamonds!" Alya yelled out as she sat next to her.

"They're probably not real. I could get black diamond jewelry if I really wanted to." Chloe bragged and flipped her blonde pony tail.

"I got it as a gift from someone important to me. I don't care if they're real or not." Alya leaned in to get a closer look at them.

"Girl, those rocks are the real deal. Who gave you that?"

Chloe suddenly stood up an stomped over to Marinette.

"Let me see that!" Marinette protectively held the jewel to her chest and backed away from Chloe.

"Chloe, knock it off!" Adrien slid himself over Marinette's and Alya's desk and stood in between the two girls. Chloe looked at him in disbelief before glaring at him.

"She probably stole it-"

"I said knock it off Chloe. She did not steal it because Marinette would never do that. And I'm pretty sure the person who did give her that necklace did not intend for you to get your hands on it so go back to your seat and leave Marinette alone." He snapped.

The class looked at Adrien in shock. They have never seen him so defensive and talk back to Chloe. He always is kind to her. Or was. Chloe huffed again before storming off to her seat with Sabrina, grumbling rude stuff about Marinette.

Adrien turned to face Marinette and gave her a smile.

"The necklace is very beautiful. Whoever picked it out had a very nice taste." He mentally gave himself a pat on the back as he complimented himself.

"Yeah. Thanks for standing up for me but I'm a big girl. I've been dealing with Chloe for a long time." She ave him a nod as she sat back down in her seat next to Alya who stared at her in amusement and confusion.

"Yeah but sometimes it's good to let others fight your battle for you. You're my friend and I will gladly be your knight in shining armor."

As he sat down Marinette furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought.

He sounded so much like Chat it was almost scary. There's always the possibility though...

Marinette quickly shook her head at the thought.

Adrien is way too busy for that kind of life style. And plus, Adrien doesn't have Chat's personality.

Alya interrupted Marinette's train of thought.

"Girl, you just spoke to Adrien and didn't even blush or stutter. You spoke to him like a normal person. What happened to your crush on him?"

She shrugged. She never really thought about but she was starting to develop even stronger feelings for Chat. Could it be that she loved him? Her face flared up at the thought and she unknowingly began to rub the necklace Chat had given her in between her thumb and forefinger.

Alya noticed this and began to smile a genuine smile.

So she finally realized it, huh?

~~~~~

Manon dragged Marinette by the hand down the trail in the park. She was babysitting again and Manon wanted to play Princesses there.

"MARINETTE!" A voice boomed through out the entire park. Adrien had just walked into the park for a photo shoot when he heard the echo.

He raced up the hill to see Nathanael as Evillustrator standing on top of the fountain pointing a pencil at Marinette who was holding a cowering little girl.

She held a brave face and stared him down. She whispered something to the girl, Manon he thinks, before the little one nodded and ran off.

The Evillustrator began to draw something on his arm but Marinette yelled at him. Seeing Nathanael- the Evillustrator reach a hand out for Marinette, Adrien ran up farther and climbed the fountain, catching Marinette's eye.

Her eyes widened a fraction and her mouth dropped. She quickly regained her posture but Adrien could still see the worry in her eyes. With more strength than he knew she had, Marinette shoved the Evillustrator back into the fountain. The akuma slipped as he hit the ledge before falling into the water, only making him angrier.

Taking his chance, Adrien dropped on top of the akuma, trying to pin him down long enough for Marinette to get away and for him to be able to run and transform somewhere. The two boys were rolling around in the water, splashing it everywhere. Adrien was yelling at Marinette to run.

"Marinette! You need to get out of here!" The desperation in his voice was clear as it cracked. He wrestled with the boy underneath him and grabbed his pencil before being slammed head first under the water. The back of his head connected with the cement at the bottom of the fountain and when he opened his eyes, swirls of red colored the water.

He knew it was from him and his vision was becoming blurry and dark but he had bigger problems. The Evillustrator was trying to drown him. And did Adrien mention that cats do not like water?

And suddenly, the weight was off of him. His hand still tightly gripped the pencil but it slipped in the water as someone pulled him above the water. When he broke the surface he began to cough as he took deep breaths. He could barely make out Marinette's dark blue hair before he lost consciousness.

Evillustrator was on the ground in a daze, trying to figure out what could have possibly hit him that hard. What he didn't realize, was that Marinette was really talented in fighting, and had a mean right hook.

Marinette pulled Adrien out of the fountain with a lot of effort and dragged him to a safe place hidden by trees.

She shrugged her jacket off and wrapped it tightly around his head, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Adrien you idiot!" She grumbled as she put his head on her lap, Adrien still unconscious. "You're not a superhero! You should've left it to Chat and me."

She heard the Evillustrator let out a scream, and gently set Adrien's head on the grass. She could see him shivering as winter was just around the corner. She unbuttoned the white button up shirt she was wearing and laid it on top of him, giving him as much warmth as she could.

She was left in her tank top and skinny jeans and stood up, transforming into Ladybug. It had taken her a good 20 minutes and using her Lucky Charm but she finally defeated the Evillustrator without Chat. She was getting worried when Chat never showed up but the necklace around her neck gave her some strength as she was fighting him.

After she cleansed the akuma and fixed the damage, she called for an ambulance and got Adrien picked up.

She was on her way to the hospital in the ambulance with him and was in deep thought about Chat and the boy next to her.

Where are you Chat? I hope you're okay...

Until next time, peace!