Chapter Nineteen

Bit of a leap here, but it will all make sense later. I promise.

Chat's baton beeped, signaling that someone was calling him. He pushed it up and a picture of Marinette and him kissing popped up, showing that Marinette was calling him.

There was one problem though. He gave this one to her to use for emergencies only. He gave her his private number that not even Nino had if she just wanted to talk.

"Princess? Princess what's wrong?" He asked worriedly into his baton.

"Chat Noir..." A faint strangled voice answered in response. "Help..."

"Marinette? Where are you?" A beeping was heard as he yelled into his baton, signaling that the line went dead.

He glanced down quickly at the map on his baton, signaling where she was. In no time at all, he was launching himself across the roofs of Paris. His breathing became labored as he forced himself to go further and faster, praying that he could reach Marinette on time.

He barely registered the beeping noise, informing that he had reached his destination as he lands on top of an abandoned warehouse. Because it is always an abandoned building where these things take place, of course.

"Marinette!" Chat cried out. Without thinking, he broke through an abandoned warehouse's glass ceiling. The glass rained down on him, cutting him everywhere and shattered as they hit the cement floor. The breath was knocked out of him from the hard landing, his wounds stinging from the thin lacerations. Not the best landing, but he was frantic. He couldn't think clearly, the only thing on his mind was the midnight-haired girl.

The one that was right in front of him.

Marinette was bruised and battered in a chair, tied by chains as all of the previous villains they had defeated surrounded her. His copycat (God, he really hated that one) smirked when he noticed his presence and placed a claw on her cheek, just below her eye. Memories were too fresh for him, the scene where Marinette fell from the sky after he dropped her, Ladybug not being sure which one was actually him. Yeah, he wasn't really fond of Copy Cat.

Chat Noir tried to run up to them, breath returned, but something invisible was holding him back. And without anything to break, he can't use his cataclysm on it. Even still, he pulled with all his might, glancing around himself incredulously when he saw nothing.

Marinette's purple and blue face came into view for him. She had scratches all over her chin and forehead, and a cut running along her brow.

Chat yelled and screamed and cried as he struggled against the invisible bonds holding him back and screamed her name.

"Don't hurt her! Please! You can beat me, hurt me, kill me! Just don't touch my Princess!" Hot tears rolled down his cheek, stinging when they come in contact with the small cuts and scratches that littered his face.

"Every hero has a kryptonite... I guess she's yours." His copy cat smirked evilly as he called cataclysm.

Chats heart stopped as he watched what seemed to be slow motion as Copy Cat placed his hand on Marinette's thigh. The blackness spread onto her skin as sh watched with wide eyes. She didn't scream, whether it be out of shock or the intensity of the pain, he would never know. Her bluebell eyes were teary as she looked back up at him in confusion.

"No!" Suddenly he was let loose and was propelling forward on full speed. The villains cleared out in a rush as he collapsed into a sobbing heap next to Marinette. "Marinette."

She fell out of her chair and writhed in pain as Chat caught her and held her close to him.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry! I should have been there Princess! I should have been protecting you!" He cried as he sobbed into her hair. "I love you! You can't die! You promised you would never leave me!"