Chapter Nine

Special thanks to @Matt_232 @EAH-Raven_Queen @Gruvia4everotp for their support! And also, thanks for 600 reads!

Chat yelled as he sprung into the air after the Copy Cat. Once he was out of  sight, Marinette transformed into Ladybug and swung after them.

By the time she got to them they were both attacking each other and scratching with their clawed gloves. She stared at them, confused as she true to figure out which one was the real Chat.

"I will scratch you to shreds." One Chat hissed as he slashed a hand at the other's face. That one jumped back before attacking him with his own claws.

"Boys!"

The two Chats froze in mid fight and turned their attention to the black spotted girl in front of them.

"Who do you love?"

One's face dropped and the other one's was stiff.

"You of course, M'Lady." One Chat smirked as he winked at her. The other didn't say a word.

"Come here kitty." She beckoned the Chat who said he was in love with her with a finger. He smiled and slowly walked up to her.

"Ladybug!" The latter called out in a whining voice. She ignored him and the other Chat got close to her face.

"Milady. You can do the honors." She smiled and wrapped her arms around him.

"Mm... You know what?" She whispered teasingly in his ear.

"What?" His face was a bright red as he looked down at the shorter girl. She smiled and leaned in even closer.

"If you wanna be like Chat, you should start with knowing what his boundaries are." She snatched the akumatized baton that dangled at his back before snapping it in half.

The Copy Cat yelled out as if he were in pain and collapsed to the ground. She cleansed the akuma and the Copy Cat switched back.

Chat silently came up behind her and place a hand on her shoulder.

"How'd you know he was the fake?"

"Because I know you Chat Noir." She said, her face getting more red. He was her best friend after all, and he would never put her in an uncomfortable situation consciously. He had his moments, but he would always apologize after.

"I-I need to go!" Chat gasped as he realized how Marinette might be doing.

She almost died!

"Where?"

He dashed off towards Marinette's home, going as fast as he could.

"To my friend!" He answered as Ladybug began to look like a bright red speck.

She widened her eyes and looked for a shortcut home. She yoyoed herself across town, taking a shortcut over the river she knew Chat Noir refused to go over. She would have to, had it not been the security and safety she felt from her yo-yo

As soon as she landed on her bed a tapping began at her window. She steadied her breath before opening the window.

"Chat-" with a swoosh, Chat Noir was hugging Marinette tightly, not feeling like letting go. He felt so good knowing that his Marinette was alive and well and standing in front of him.

"Ch-Chat Noir?!" He muffled her voice as he put his leather covered hand on her midnight blue hair and cradled it against his chest. She could hear his abnormally fast heartbeat and his staggered breathing and sighed into him. She squeezed him tightly back as she closed her eyes and leaned into the hug.

Her hand came to a rest on the back of. his shoulder and her other was secured tightly around his waist.

"Chat Noir, I'm fine. Seriously. I knew you'd save me." Chat Noir took a deep breath and released her before looking into her shining ocean blue eyes.

"Please don't leave me..."

"Huh? W-W-What did you s-s-say?"

"Please don't leave me Marinette... I don't know what I'd do if you left me. And I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about in the future. I need you Mari. I do."

Before she could say anything he placed a lingering kiss on the corner of her mouth before scurrying out the window.

He landed sloppily in his room and Plagg soon flew up to his face.

"What did I say about lovey dovey? It's gross! And that sounds so cheesy."

Plagg went on and on about his opinions on love and how cheese was better but Adrien's mind was in a different place.

How am I going to face her tomorrow? I just kissed her practically on the mouth! And something isn't right. How and why was Copy Cat back? And why are the latest akumas attacking Marinette?

Ladybug flashed on the back of his eyelids.

"Because I know you, Chat Noir."

His heart twinged as he thought of her. It almost felt like a betrayal, how he felt with Marinette. He knew Ladybug was the first one in his heart, and she was his top priority. But Marinette, there was just something that made his priorities want to change.

Suddenly an image of Nathanael projected behind his closed eyelids. He threw himself on his bed face first and buried his nose into his covers.

He still has a crush on Marinette... What if he makes a move on her? What if she says yes? What if he became the Evillustrator again like Copy Cat?

His mind droned on about possible what ifs as Plagg ended his speech.

"And that is why Camembert is better then girls." He concluded with a huff as he crossed his tiny arms. "And speaking of Camembert, pay up."

Adrien rolled his eyes at his small friend before pushing himself up and off his bed and leaving the room. He walked down the stairs to the kitchen and got Plagg a slice of cheese and headed back up.

She wouldn't say yes to Nathanael... Would she?

Definitely the shortest chapter in this book by far. Sorry but I've got a headache! Until next time, peace!