Prologue

Cover by: intalenaly aka: Jules

⋰◇⋱

The theory that the dinosaurs were wiped off the face of the Earth by a comet is a fascinating one.

What is even more intriguing? How the humans were obliterated. The last remnants of their species lies within the few who live.

⋰◇⋱

3050 A.D.

⋰◆⋱

The human race only resides within the pages of dusty history books. The genocide of this lost species, took place over a thousand years ago. What were once billions of individuals, now very few roamed the Earth. Unbeknownst to either species, an unlikely bond is formed. Intrigued with each other, a dangerous union forged in the heart of an immortal prince and a naive mortal.

⋰◆⋱

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"You don't have to hide, I'm not going to bite," the vampire smiled at me, the fangs that slipped between his lips made my heart beat faster. I should have known I'd get caught sooner or later, but the vegetables that grew in this garden were just too precious to pass up. It didn't make things any better that I knew I was trespassing on the vampire prince's grounds. I'd only existed for the sun to travel around the Earth eighteen times. Now, I would become another passing memory of this world.

"I'm scared," I whispered, my body shaking with terror as I continued to cower in fear behind the peach tree, the palms of my hands planted firmly against the rough bark.

"Don't be," the vampire took a step back away from me, "I'm Korbyn Blackmore."

"I-I know who you are," my voice quivered, "Y-you're the vampire prince."

"And you are a very rare sighting, though I have watched you sneak into my garden many times," Korbyn's surprising words threw me through a whirlwind. I thought I was being cautious, but he was observing me the entire time.

"Wh-why haven't you taken my life?" Knowing the answer could be scarier than a fate worse than death.

Korbyn slowly walked around the tree, not making any sudden movements to scare me. He leaned his forearm against the tree trunk, tilting his head to the side curiously as he stated, "I've never seen a human being before. You enchant me little butterfly."

"Bu-butterfly?" My eyes gazed up into his entrancing and inhumanly beautiful sapphire orbs.

Korbyn chuckled softly at my confusion and replied, "You are as free as the sun, though bound to this world. Tell me butterfly, what is your name?"

"Nova."