|02| Her beast.

"Nicely done."

I praised myself, placing the shaped dough on the baking tray as I headed for the oven happily.

But when I walk passed the dining table, the beast who's eating his fifth cake wrapped his strong arm around my waist and yanked me close.

The trey almost fell but luckily I was gripping onto it hard.

"Kagami, don't do that!" I griped.

He sat me on his laps and handed me a spoonful of cake, "Eat."

"T-Thanks," I reached out to take the spoon.

But he pulled it away, "Nuh-uh."

He held it closer again and teased, "C'mon, say ahh~"

"It's fine..!" it's embarrassing, I'm not used to it.

"I can eat it myself," I argued.

"No," Kagami shook his head, "say ahhhhhh."

Knowing that he wouldn't give up easily, I gave up and parted my lips reluctantly.

A grin came across his face and he stuffed the cake into my mouth, "Good girl."

Leaning in, he kissed my cheek from behind, "Thanks for the scrumptious meal."

My face fired, "You can be really sweet sometimes," I kissed him back.

The man whose manliness could kill gave a hearty laugh and squeezed me into his embrace.

"Huh?"

In the middle of our cuddling, Kagami suddenly looked up.

"Who's that for?" he pointed at the bags of cookies and macaroons sitting beside the oven.

"That's Atsushi's," I raised the tray I was holding a little higher, "these ones too."

Kagami took a look at my bakings and sighed, "Really? Murasakibara? He still eats that much sweets?"

"Mm-hmm," I nodded with a big smile, I couldn't wait to see my brother soon.

After all, we haven't meet for a long time now, not when I started living with Kagami.

Well, it was Atsushi's idea anyway.

"Taaake caaare of yourseeeeelf.."

That's what he said when he handed me his maiubo and pushed me out of the house.

Then I was on my own.

Things were pretty hard at first, considering it was my first time coming to Japan.

I have to work and study at the same time so I wouldn't starve to death.

There's no place for me stay, all I could manage was hiding myself in some café during the night.

And then one day, I received an unknown call.

"Hello?" I answered cautiously.