|13| His surprise

"Surprise," his voice passed through the speakers on my phone that laid flat on the ground, smirking at me as he waved from across the building.

What's happening? Why is he here?

I stood frozen as unanswered questions started to pack my mind, my palms sweating and my heart beating crazily.

I rushed towards the glass window - three steps became one - grabbed the curtains and yanked it shut as fast as I could. At a time like this, the last thing I wanted to see is my ex's face.

I grabbed my phone from the floor and quickly hung up the call, pressed it and shut it off. I didn't want to hear his voice, I didn't want to hear anyone's. I was in a state of extreme disturbance.

Did he just moved here?

I sprinted towards the door and locked it immediately. My breathing became heavier as more and more outrageous thoughts consumed me. It wasn't until I bumped into the coffee table, that I realized I was pacing at all.

I dropped to the floor in pain, grabbing onto my little toe as I whined under my breath.

"Jesus.." I got off the floor after several seconds of mute screaming, my heart was still racing and I felt incredibly perturbed.

I wanted to escape, wanted to think that everything that's happening right now isn't happening.

Aomine isn't here and Kagami isn't gone. I told myself.

I'm just hallucinating because I didn't get enough rest. I tried to convince myself as I took a few deep breaths and headed towards the bedroom, thinking that maybe sleeping through all of these would be the best solution.

The rays of afternoon sunlight peeping through the gap in the curtains cast onto the dark walnut floor, my heart was slowing down and my muscles started to relax.

I let myself fall onto the big warm bed, thinking how empty it felt without him around. I sighed, buried my face into one of the pillows and in what felt like seconds, everything stopped spinning.

-

I woke up from hunger, the sound of my stomach growling echoed around the room.

Everything was pitch-black, I rubbed my cloudy eyes and tried to adjust to the darkness. I slept longer than I expected, it's probably already midnight.

I let out a long yawn as I stretched my arms towards the ceiling, crackling my toes and loosening my body. My stomach let out yet another growl before I decided to get out of bed and find me some food.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and turned it back on to check whether Kagami had responded - As expected, no.

There wasn't anything except seven missed calls from the man who was currently in the opposing building to mine.

I tapped into Aomine's contact and blocked his number right away. His presence had already caused enough trouble, I do not need more.

I put on a hoodie and headed towards the door, thinking of getting me a quick snack at the convenience store nearby.

Grabbing onto the doorknob, I took a glance at my phone's screen - 1:24AM.

Good. He should be asleep.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open slowly, my heart beating fast as I peeked through the small gap and scanned the building in front of me, making sure that the lights in the room Aomine was in were off before stepping out of the house.

Just when I was closing the door, something white sticking onto it caught my attention.

It was a note. Notes, to be exact.

"Surprise."

I read the first note and was ready to throw it away knowing that it was from Aomine when a gust of wind blew and revealed the second note.

"I wasn't trying to stalk you.

My bad, princess.

Didn't mean to scare you like that."

I raised my eyebrow as I flipped to the next note.

"I wanted to give you a surprise, something that'd make you happy."

A confused frown crept across my face as I read the last note.

"You'll receive it tonight."

I stared at the words bluntly, it must be one of his stupid games again. I rolled my eyes and took the notes off the door, crumpled it and was ready to head to the store when suddenly, my right foot kicked onto something.

I looked down to find bouquet of roses laying on the ground.

I let out a sigh. See? I knew it.

I picked up the beautifully wrapped roses and walked towards the building ahead of me, placing it on the ground just like how it was in front of my house.

Shoving my hands into my hoodie's pockets, I walked into the quiet street. My heart lifted a little as I saw the bright lights coming from the convenience store just a few blocks away.

I tugged my hood up and headed towards it when a familiar voice came from behind. "(F/n).."

I snapped my head to their direction and as if time has stopped, I whispered in a cracked voice. "Kagami?"