|11| His goodbye.

"(F/n).." Kagami's eyes went wide by surprise, his hands stopped moving.

I watched as his face slowly twisted in disbelief and quickly crashed my lips onto his before he could speak, pushing my tongue into his mouth. Kagami was reluctant but he didn't reject.

We twirled our tongues around each other's for a while until we were starting to lose our breaths and I pulled away, resting on his heaving chest. "Don't say it," I panted. "Please.."

Kagami stared at my head, so solemnly like he was going to burn a hole through it. "You know this isn't what you want."

"Kagami.."

"I thought we've been through this," he said softly, like a sigh, and my heart sank at the sound of it. "You've been doing so good."

"I'm sorry.." I pushed myself up to look at him but he closed his eyes and leaned his head back on the couch like he couldn't face me.

"I can't keep doing this," he whispered, brows furrowed into a painful frown. "I can't do it if you're just gonna treat me like some substitute.."

"I'm not!" I immediately protested. "I love you. I really do!"

"But you're expecting me to be like Aomine!" Kagami howled at me for the first time ever.

He glared at me, the red fire in his eyes burnt weakly - he was really hurt. I opened my mouth, trying to think of something to say, to fix this but all I could do was stare back at him as tears gathered around my eyes and blurred my vision of his perfect face.

I felt something warm pressed against my lips and I blinked, the tears got out of my eyes and Kagami's face came back into sight. "Let's stop here today."

He grabbed my waist and pushed me onto the sofa. I watched as he stood up and wore his pants, his member had long ago went limp.

He grabbed his phone and wallet and I thought he was going to head upstairs to our bedroom but he headed for the door instead.

"W-Where are you going?" I asked nervously.

"I need some time alone," he murmured, holding onto the doorknob. "You should go to bed. Sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You're- You're not coming back tonight?"

"I'll see you tomorrow, (F/n)," he repeated and turning the knob, he stepped out of the house.

And as the door closed, he never came back.