Chapter 11

AN: This chapter is dedicated to @hwendulka for voting on the stories so far :D Thank you!

"We've covered our floors. Heading up to the second one now," Storm announced over communications. She quietly stalked down the corridor up to the stair case with Bobby right behind her flowing cape. She felt a spark of lightning between her fingers, ready to jump at someone who attacks first.

Bobby added in, "We found some agents that are willing to help us. They were hiding in one of the secure rooms waiting to hear from others. They wouldn't leave the building knowing there were still people inside." He flexed his arm and stretched his tense muscles as his skin frosted over in ice. In a few seconds, his whole body formed into a hard, blue ice, but he didn't feel odd. He felt free. The human body seemed to case him up in a box, and now he could finally break out in the real world for a little bit.

"We haven't heard from Cap and Spider-Man yet. Do you mind checking on them? Steve would've reported in by now," I responded over comms.

"We'll find them," Storm opened the door to the second floor, greeting some of the newly joined agents along the way. They had come up here to meet the other two heroes earlier. She nodded to them and they returned the gesture and waited there to secure the stairwell. Nothing was getting out of the building on their watch.

Iceman was about to say something to Storm until a scream came from one of the other halls, becoming louder and louder until the man's back collided with the wall and fell to the floor unconscious. Both of them ran down to the wide, open room area, and they stopped in their tracks in utter confusion.

Captain America and Spider-Man fought against some of the FBI agents. Cap bashed one in the face with his shield and knocked them down. Another came up behind him and he flipped them over in one quick move. Spider-Man aimed his webbing at some agent's feet and dragged him down to the ground. He threw web at a few others and stuck them to the wall. The agents didn't want to hurt them, but they also had to protect themselves. Captain America's veins were outlined in black, showing through the cheeks of his face. Spider-Man must've been the same way, but there was no way to tell from outside the mask.

"Uhhh....I think we found our missing members," Bobby informed me. He glanced over at Storm, who returned a concerned glance his way. Bobby put his hand to his ear to adjust his communications device. "They're fighting FBI agents. Something black is running through their veins."

The Professor chimed in before I could, "Get them under control. Whoever is here must've gotten to them first. Be on the lookout."

Storm focused her eyes on the two heroes, but then rolled up and turned white. Small clouds hung above them, and a strong wind blew in from the broken windows. Her focus was distracting them long enough for the agents to get away from them. Thunder roared over the hallway and boomed off of the walls. The two heroes' attention was taken off of the agents and they headed right towards Storm and Iceman. Storm threw lightning at Cap, but he shielded himself, sending the lightning bolt into the wall.

Iceman threw ice at Spider-Man's feet, but he jumped up and dodged them. Spidey launched webbing at Bobby's hands and succeeded. Bobby froze the webbing and tore it apart just in time to dodge one of Peter's punches. Peter scoffed and kicked him in the stomach, but quickly retracted his damaged leg. Hitting pure hard ice wasn't the best idea. Bobby's fist met his jaw and threw Peter backwards.

Storm made the wind die down and a mist swam through the air vents and into the room. Her white hair was the first to blend in until the mist thickened into a deep fog. Storm and Bobby completely disappeared from the other two's sight, causing them to search around them. Captain America and Spider-Man stood back-to-back, waiting patiently for their enemies to strike.