Chapter 23

AN: Dedicated to @fashion4evachic for all of the votes! :D Thank you! 

This was it. All the anger, sorrow, and pain bottled up inside of me, waiting to burst like a fire hydrant. I glared at Loki and growled under my breath as I forced myself to walk towards him.

Storm had gone to console Kitty. Peter was mourning the loss of his dear friend. Natasha had almost clocked out altogether from the real world. Jake's acidic melted body was almost buried in the white snow. Scott lay in pieces on the ground. Clint bled out, his eyes still staring at the sky. Bobby's lifeless body lay in Kitty's arms as she screamed out.

This was for them.

I opened a portal leading directly to Loki and marched through it. I ignored the blood that drenched my skin and clothes. My own blood boiled in my veins, but I didn't care anymore. Let me burn. I wanted Loki's head on a goddamn stick.

Loki Laufeyson stared me down, a wicked grin gracing his lips. He stood up straighter, removing his hand from his sore throat. Storm had done a number on him, but now his plan was back in motion: tear the heroes apart. He held onto the scepter and spoke up in an eloquent tone, "Why won't you just die forever, Lilly?"

Chills ran up my spine at his words. I almost stopped, but realized that was what he wanted. He wanted in my head. He wanted to get close. Would he kill me? Or would he turn me into one of his possessed lackeys?

I chose not to respond to him and gathered all of my strength and energy. A magnetic field danced across my fingertips on each hand. My fingers glowed blue and pink, the taste of sweet portal poyential adorning both hands. I was prepared for the worst. My powers would overload my system, but did it matter?

No.

This was for them.

Let me burn.

I pushed my hands out towards Loki, launching metal rods towards him. He dodged and retaliated with a constant ray of power from his scepter. I dodged out of the way and grabbed onto the scepter with my powers. My hands and arms shook from how much power I was emitting. I yelled out as my muscles strained to keep up, and I took slow steps closer.

Loki did the opposite, putting one foot behind the other on his way to get away from me. He grit his teeth together as he held on for dear life, and focused on creating magical duplicates of himself all around me. They tried to tear me down with words that attacked me and my family. None of it was going to get to me. I couldn't let it. He yelled out, almost in a growl, "Once I'm done killing you, I'll go after your beloved Spider-Man and Captain America. the front lawn will be decorated with their body parts."

I pushed myself farther. He could talk all he wanted. He didn't know I was going to win this. I had to. My body began to shake as if a small earthquake shook deep inside my bones. I held my breath; my heart pounded against my ribcage. I kept my focus on Loki. My hate and anger was the only thing that kept me going. The scepter's power reached out to me, talking to me. Whispering things in my ear, in my head... And the closer I got, the more difficult it became to keep up.

If the stone was able to get in my head, maybe it had some type of magnetic charge? Electricity was magnetic. I had to give it a try.

"You cannot win against the scepter. You have no idea what power it contains."

I was about to find out. The case holding the power potential had some metal forged in. I yanked on that with all of my strength.

Then, there was an explosion.

Loki and I launched each other a good distance across the battlefield.

The world was hazy. Warm smoke and cold snowflakes brushed up against Loki's skin, and burned his lungs. Loud noises, yelling, and crying melded together in one big chorus of chaos. He could finally take in all the action, hysterics, and deep emotions. Neurons in his brain sparked to life, as if they'd been numb the entire time. He blinked a few times, gaining clarity in his eyesight. Loki pushed himself up off of the ground, stumbling to his feet as he tried to balance the weight of the armor he wore. His emerald green eyes scanned the battlefield.