Chapter 20

AN: Dedicated to @topazflyer for voting a lot! Thank you so much :D 

Meanwhile...

Crash.

Crumble.

Crush.

Glass shattered from the windows of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. The walls collapsed under the force of the Hulk and Juggernaut's combined weight as they fought. Punches were thrown left and right. Hulk yelled in Jugg's face and threw him into the building itself. Juggernaut took a few seconds to take in his surroundings.

Office desks and supplies were placed in cubicles around the room. Printers were in the corner, along with copy machines. Water jugs, computers, chairs, hell, even the cubicles themselves could be used as a weapon. He reached out, taking the first thing he came in contact with. He launched the desk at Hulk's face, and it broke on impact. The Hulk screamed in anger, his veins bulging from his neck prominently.

Juggernaut summoned all of his strength as he grit his teeth. The Hulk wouldn't defeat him. He had faith in the power of the Gem of Cyttorak, the entity that gave him his powers in the first place. Juggernaut launched himself at the Hulk at full speed.

The Hulk pushed back, his feet digging deeper into the earth every second. Hulk's muscles strained to keep up with his opponent's strength. Sweat dripped down his forehead and around his brown eyes. He had won the fight so far. What changed?

Juggernaut kicked Hulk down with brutal force. He pinned Hulk to the ground and went to town with punches. "You. Can't. Defeat. Me!" He yelled, punching Hulk's face between each word. Juggernaut felt overpowered. His energy and durability levels were higher than ever. He couldn't tell if he was high on adrenaline, or drunk off power. His knuckles throbbed; blood splattered onto him. He was unclear on whose blood it was.

It didn't matter to him at this point.

Hulk reached out for something, anything that would aid in his escape. His hand came in contact with a thin metal pipe, and tightened his grip on it. He forced the pipe into Jugg's eye socket, blinding him.

Juggernaut stumbled backwards, screaming in pain as he clutched the area around his eye. He removed the pipe, revealing mess of blood and mashed tissue. "You bastard!"

The Hulk forced himself off of the ground. His eyesight wavered, but slowly cleared as the seconds passed. His jaw erupted in pain, and his cheeks faired no better. The pain contributed towards his anger, narrowing his clouded thoughts.

The pipe clanked as it collided with the ground. The Gem of Cyttorak worked its alien magic and began to heal Juggernaut's wounded eye. Jugg laughed heartily and smiled widely, much like a mad man would. "Oh, you're going to get it now."

Hulk's eyes widened, but quickly narrowed. He growled under his breath. He can try. The thought ran across Hulk's mind, unsure of who originally had the thought: Bruce, or Hulk. He clenched his fist and went in for another blow. Jugg caught his hand, and twisted it. Hulk fell to his knees and screamed out an ungodly shriek; he quickly swiped his hand upside Jugg's head, knocking his helmet off.

Deadpool did a double take from his section of the battlefield. He dove over and snatched up the helmet from the ground. "Jesus, you're head is gigantic. How do you walk around with that heavy thing on your shoulders?"

"Give that back!" Juggernaut tried to make his way over to him, but Hulk intervened instantly. Hulk kicked him back and pushed him around. Juggernaut didn't care. His mind was vulnerable without that helmet.