Chapter 13

AN: This chapter is dedicated to @ClichesSucks1967 for voting! :D Thank you so much!

The ride back was quiet.

When we arrived back at the school, Steve walked straight passed me on the way out of the Blackbird. His face was pink from the amount of emotions he held inside, but his expression was stern as it could be. He had forced the tears back a few minutes ago, but the way his jaw clenched indicated that the trauma hadn't left him.

Storm appeared a little scratched up, but she didn't mind it. She walked next to the Professor out of the jet, lugging Logan right behind her. I was sure they were going to go discuss what had happened back there, yet I didn't want to be a part of it. There was no point. Logan was trying to deal with his emotions from seeing his dead wife again. Storm needed to rest. And as for the Professor, he just completely destroyed a villain. He deserved some down time.

Peter walked passed me as well and didn't pay attention to me at all. Bobby ushered me towards him when he saw my worried expression. "Go talk to him. We'll hang out later," Bobby patted me on the shoulder and made sure I walked out in front of him.

I nodded in agreement and worry only built up inside of me more. Peter and Steve cried. This was priority alert one on an urgency scale. Whatever happened, I had to help with. I tried to catch up to Peter as he rushed to his room. "Please, I want to be here for you."

Peter lowered his head and kept pace ahead of me. He pushed through students just leaving class and skated through without causing any accidents. I attempted to do the same, but I bumped into some students and knocked one down. I helped them up and handed them their books, but I still couldn't catch up to Peter. Once he reached his room, he slammed the door in my face.

I sighed heavily and began to walk down the hall. There was no point in banging on the door and waiting until he let me in. This wasn't the Stark Tower where I could climb through a vent to get into the room. Peter had done that to me when I locked myself in my room. I just wish I could get through to him somehow. Get through to him...I know just the thing. I took out my burner phone and dialed a number.

Deadpool picked up on the other end and muttered into the phone quickly, "Whoever this is, you have the wrong number."

I stopped him before he hung up, "Wade, wait, it's Lilly." I hated asking Wade for favors, but this was urgent. Peter was extremely important to me, and I didn't want him to suffer alone.

Wade chuckled and expressed joyfully, "Ah, Lilly. Finally taking up the offer to get back on the Wade Train?"

My face soured. He really thinks I'd go back to him when I'm dating Captain America? Get real, Wade Wilson. I thought to myself. I disagreed, "No. Get off your high horse. I need a favor, p-."

Wade quickly interjected and denied my request, "Whoa, last time I got asked for a favor, I ended up in someone's back yard, naked, and next to a dead body. Nuh-uh. Not again. Pretty sure I killed him. But still. No."

I internally groaned and questioned Wade's life choices. Then again, this was Wade we're talking about, so I shouldn't be surprised. I rubbed my forehead with my free hand and flat out told him the truth, "Spider-Man needs your help."

Wade dropped whatever he was holding and his chair creaked as if he leaned forward. His voice lowered into a serious tone, "You have my attention."

Why didn't I just open with that? I shook my head. Peter was his hero. I should've known to skip directly to that. I leaned against the wall next to me and looked down at the ground. "We were in battle and...his mind was taken over by one of the villains. He saw something really bad and won't talk to me. Can you please come over and talk to him?"