Chapter 42: Birthday party

Some of this is unedited. I'm really tired right now, so I will fix it later. Sorry for my laziness and tiredness. Lol :) hope you guys like this chapter. :)

Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I have had a lot of stuff going on...and I haven't had a lot of time. I'm really sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skylar

It's finally party time! Carter found the perfect ring and has set up everything. He's planning on doing it after the party, but right before everyone leaves so that way they can say congratulations on their way out. Well...that's IF Taylor says yes. But she will...at least I hope she will.

"Carter. Calm down. Everything is set and ready." I reassured my nervous wreck of a brother. He's been pacing for about 10 minutes mumbling to himself. I picked out a few words. 'Mate... Hopefully she'll say yes.... Wife.... I love her.... What if everything's not perfect..... What if... What if... What if...'

He waved me off and kept on pacing. It was obvious he loved her and wanted everything to be perfect. I just had to keep telling him that everything will be fine.
~~~~~~~~~~
Carter

So many thoughts are running through my mind. I'm really just scared that this won't be enough for her and she won't be my wife.

'Oh my gosh. You sound like a girl.' My wolf said laughing at me.

'Well sorry for wanting everything to be special for our mate.'

'Carter, everything will be fine. Skylar has told you countless times that it will alright.'

'I guess. But still, what if she says no?'

'She'll say yes. She loves us just like we love her.'

'Okay. Thanks.'

'Anytime.'

"Carter!?" I snapped out if by my sister and 2 brothers yelling my name.

"What?" I asked completely confused.

"She's coming!"

"Shit!" I ran into the kitchen and hid. We made it so when she first walks in, she won't see anything. The mud room is connected to the front door and you have to turn the corner to go into the living room. And the living room has all the decorations.

Everyone is placed in a hiding spot except for Skylar. "Hey Taylor." I heard Skylar greet Taylor.

"Hey Sky." She sounds so upset. I really just want to run up to her and pull her into my arms.

"How are you feeling?" I heard Taylor remove her shoes and heard the footsteps coming closer.

"Alright I guess. I'm still upset that your brother-" she walked into the living room and that's when we all jumped out.

"SURPRISE!!" Everyone yelled. She let out her cute little squeal and she looked surprised. She looked around the room and started laughing. Her eyes landed on me. She smiled and shook her head laughing again. I gave her my full on grin and walked up to her and pulled her into my chest.

"Happy birthday babe." I whispered into her ear.

"Thankyou." She giggled. "I actually thought you forgot it." She admitted quietly.

"Well...I kinda did. And Skylar chewed my ass out this morning."

She looked up at me and let me tell you, she looked pissed. "You freaking ass-" I cut her off by placing my lips into hers. I pulled back and smiled at her.

"I was kidding." I laughed.

"Oh." Her face turned an adorable shade of red and she hid it in my chest.

"I needed you to think that I actually forgot so the surprise party would be a little bit easier."

"I love you." She said and she grabbed my face.

"I love you too." I replied back with a smile before leaning in and kissing her.

It was closer to the end of the party and every minute that went by I would get more nervous.

"You'll be fine." Skylar said as she walked towards me. My parents have stolen Taylor away, so it would time to discuss things with Skylar.

"Okay. I'm holding you onto that.' I said teasing her.

"Fair enough." She laughed. "Okay remember, all you have to do is get on one knee, grab her hand, do your little speech thingy or whatever you want to call it, let go of her hand to pull the box out, and when you open the box, ask her to marry you." She said slowly.

"Right. Got it." I said determined. Physically I was determined, mentally I was a nervous wreck. My mind kept playing scenarios of anything that could go wrong. I didn't know so many things could go wrong with this. But my mind has made up some pretty weird complications. Like what if the ring doesn't fit, what if I got the wrong ring, what if she loves someone else.....okay maybe not the last one, but you get my point.

"Hey. It's time big brother." Skylar said smiling at me. I nodded and made my way towards the front of the crowd.

"Okay everyone. I want to say a big thankyou to everyone that came here and celebrated my mate's and your Luna's birthday." I clapped and soon everyone joined in with their clapping and hollering. I smiled gratefully and continued. "I want to say happy birthday Taylor. I love you so much and sorry for making you mad this morning." She laughed and came up to give me a quick kiss.

She went to turn around and walk back to her spot, but I kept her hand in mine. She looked confused, but I gave her a smile telling her to stay here. "Taylor." I paused and got down on one knee. She put her free hand up to her mouth while I kept my hold on her left one. "I love you so much. You're the reason I want to wake up every morning, you help me less this pack. You're my universe, my sunshine, my world, my everything. You have made me a better man, and for that, I thank you. I couldn't have wished for a better mate to spend the rest of my life with. You can make me smile even when I don't too just by looking at me. I never truly understood why a person can smile just by simply thinking of another person. But meeting you, showed me that.

I could have a random grin break out onto my face because I was thinking about you. You bring the best out of everyone you talk too. Having a crazy mate like you is a joy."

"I know how you feel when you say your mate is crazy." I heard Axel mumble quietly. And judging by the death glare and slap to the arm Skylar heard it too. We all bursted out laughing and I continued. "I love you in every way, shape, and form. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So I'm asking you, Taylor June Austin to be Mrs. Taylor June Jones." I let go of her hand and reached into pocket and pulled out the ring. I opened it up and she gasped. I smiled lovingly at her and continued nervously. "Would you do the honors of becoming my wife?" I asked her.

She has tears forming in her eyes and she took her hands away from her mouth. She opened it and closed it. I was starting to get worried. But, all my worries went away when she nodded her heard vigorously and I stood up. I grabbed her left hand and put the ring on her finger. She wasted no time by launching herself into my awaiting arms and nuzzled her face into my neck. I held onto her tight before she pulled away after a moment. "I love you so much Carter. And I'm honored to become your wife." She said in a whispering still crying.

I wiped her tears of joy away with my thumb and rested my hands on her cheeks. "I love you too. With all my heart." I pulled her face into mine and locked my lips on hers. We broke apart to hear Skylar teasing Axel.

"So you think I'm crazy?" I heard her ask him. By the look on is face, you could tell he knew he was screwed. But the smirk on her face, you could tell she was kidding. I don't know why, but Skylar loved getting Axel frustrated. She always thought it was funny.

"Come on babe. Lets go help him out." I laughed as I pulled Taylor with me.

"Ya, but it's absolutely adorable when you're crazy." Axel shot back with a smile. Nice save man.

"So I'm crazy?" Skylar asked him with her arms crossed smiling like crazy.

"Uh.." His voice trailed off. Better help him out.

"You know she's just trying to get your frustrated?" I asked Axel.

"Ugh Carter. You're no fun." Skylar whined.

I shrugged and we all laughed. Axel turned towards Skylar and raises an eyebrow. "Do you always find it funny when I'm frustrated?" He asked her.

"Uh. No?" But it sounded more like a question.

"You better run my little mate." Axel warned.

"Oh would ya look at the time. I gotta get going." Skylar said before she hightailed it out of here. I didn't think a pregnant women could run that fast...

Axel paused briefly before she ran after her. "Be careful!" I yelled after them.

"Will do!" He called back.

The rest of the night consisted of the pack members saying congratulations. I nodded a thankyou to everyone. But only one thing was on my mind. She. Said. Yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OH MY GOSH! THEY ARE GETTIG MARRIED!!!!! Sorry, had a little fan girl moment :) it's over now. Well not quite.

THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!

Okay not it is. I promise :) anyway, keep up the food work guys. Keep voting, keep reading, keep commenting and keep fanning. I love all of you guys so much. Every single one of you ;) and I want to say, thankyou. I love you guys so much. You are incredible.

S.W.