The Kiss

Noah's pov
Lately my dancing has been off and I don't know why. Internationals is in a few days and I can't seem to do anything right. My pirouettes are going down, my flips are failing and jumps aren't high. I don't know what's wrong with me! I should be doing great! I mean I'm on A troupe, I'm going to internationals and I kissed Abi. I just don't understand why my dancing is so off.

I'm brought out of my thoughts as I hear a small voice from behind me.
"Noah."
I turn around to see Richelle. How could I forget? I asked her to help figure out what's wrong with me in the music room. She's my best friend so why wouldn't I ask her for advice?
"You wanted to see me?" She asks and gives me her cute smile.
"Yeah, I need your help." I say.
"What with?" She asks with a concerned face.
"Sit down." I say and we both sit down.
"Well my dancing has been completely off. I went from thirty pirouettes to six! Six Richelle! Six! What's wrong with me?" I ask.
"Well have you got any problems in your life?" She asks and bites her bottom lip.
"No, my life is perfect." I reply looking confused.
"Are you sure?" She asks and looks straight at me.
"Well now that I think about it, ever since I kissed Abi, something doesn't feel right." I say and scratch the back of my neck.
"Like what?" She asks and crosses her arms.

I explain to her that we have no connection. No chemistry. Nothing in common. I like lemonade, she likes coke. I hate swimming, she loves swimming. She dislikes cats, I love my cat. Her favourite colour is pink, mine is blue- just like Richelle's. In fact, me and Richelle have a lot in common. I like lemonade, so does she. I hate swimming, so does she. I love cats, she loves my cat. We have a lot more in common than I realised.

"Can I ask you something Noah?" She asks and places her hands on her knees.
"Of course." I say and look at her.
"Do you really like Abi? Because from what you just told me, you don't seem too." She says.
Do I like Abi? Should I be dating her? When I think about it, I may be better off without her.
"To be honest, no." I say and she smiles which makes me confused.
"Well then we found your problem! Your dancing was off because you were dating someone you didn't really like and you couldn't think about anything else. That's why you were so unfocused! You should probably break up with her." Richelle says.
"You're right! This is why I always come to you Richelle, you're the best!" I say and give her a hug.
"No problem Noah!" She says and pulls away.

That hug. It felt different. The only way I could describe it is by saying that it felt like we should be more than best friends. Am I right? I honestly don't know. I've never felt like that before.

Richelle's pov
Is it just me or did that hug feel different?

Noah's pov
I really hope that this doesn't make things awkward between us but I'm going to ask her.
"Richelle did you...did you feel something when we hugged?" I ask and scratch the back of my neck.
That's what I do when I'm nervous, I can't help it.
"Yes." She replies and looks at the ground.
That's what she does when she's nervous.
"Like, something was there? Between us? Not just friends?" I ask.
"Yes." She replies and I smile.
However she keeps looking at the floor.

"Hey don't be nervous." I say and lift her chin up.
She looks straight into my eyes and lets out a small smile.
"There's that smile." I say with a grin and I notice makes her slightly blush.
"So, where do we go from here?" She asks.
"Well we could." I lean in towards her.
She leans towards me as well and our lips connect. This is amazing, never did I think this would happen today!