Trust

Richelle's pov
Me and Noah have been paired up for a duet. We haven't even talked since our last duet. He went to internationals and I was stuck in B troupe. Now that he's back and I'm on A troupe, Riley told us to do a duet.me and Noah haven't danced together in a while so we probably have no chemistry. Why couldn't I have been paired up with Henry or Alfie? Why Noah? Riley knows we were on J troupe together, that doesn't mean that we're friends now. I don't even trust him with lifts. That's how long ago we danced together.

Anyway, we walk into studio A and sit down on the floor cross-legged in front of each other.
"It's been a while R." He says, trying to break the ice.
That's what he called me in J troupe. I'm in A troupe now.
"Don't call me R." I snap.
"Ok." He says and gives me a small nod.
"Have you thought of a storyline?" He asks.
"No." I say sharply.
"Someone has gotten an attitude problem." He says with a smirk.
"Excuse me?" I say, offended.
"See, you have a bad attitude." He says.
Are you kidding me? We were friends, great friends and after internationals, he just left me.
If you're going to be rude then I'm leaving." I say and get up.
"Richelle wait I'm sorry." He says and gestures me to sit back down.

I sit back down but don't make eye contact. Seriously? Can't I be paired with someone else? Please?
"No offence, but you don't just insult someone who used to be a really good friend to you. Besides, that's the first thing you said about me since you went to internationals. That was five months ago Noah! Five months! Do you even remember what a great friendship we had?" I ask, practically yelling.
"We were good friends?" He asks.
I'm sorry what? Is he kidding right now? He can't remember when we were friends? Just because he was on A troupe and I wasn't, doesn't mean that he can just forget about me like that!
"You can't remember?" I ask, anger boiling inside of me.
"I remember when we were in J troupe. I don't remember being friends after that." He says.
"You know what, I'm leaving." I say and walk out of the room.

I can't believe him! Just because he went to internationals, he thinks that he can just forget about me. What is wrong with him? I run into Java Junction and see Riley. She's reading a magazine whilst sipping a cup of coffee. I sit down in front of her.

"Riley?" I ask.
"Oh hey Richelle! How's your duet with Noah going?" She asks with a smile.
"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Please can I have a new duet partner?" I ask politely.
"What? No! Besides, everyone is already working on their duets. What's wrong with Noah?" She asks.
"Everything." I say and leave.
I can't believe I have to do the duet with him!

As I'm walking back to studio A, Noah walks into me which knocks me over.
"I'm so sorry!" He exclaims and helps me up.
I don't say anything.
"Look, I'm really sorry about what happened in there before. I remember now and I'd really like to do this duet with you." He says with a small smile.
"Fine." I say and walk back into studio A with him close behind.

"Why don't we try an overhead lift? We used to be great at them." He says and walks closer to me.
"Sure." I mumble.
I run towards him and he lifts me up. However, I slip and fall to the ground.
"Are you ok? I don't know what went wrong." He asks and helps me up.
"I don't trust you Noah! You left me after you made it onto A troupe! Do you know how hard it was making friends with the Elite girls? I waited for you every day but you just brushed me off! How am I suppose to trust you?!" I shout with tears pooling in my eyes.
"You waited for me?" He asks, a little shocked.
"Everyday when your rehearsals finished!" I yell, causing my tears to spill.
"Wait are you crying?" He asks.
"Yes I'm crying! It's what people do when they're upset!" I yell.

To my surprise, he pulls me into a hug. I'm angry at him, but, hugging him feels nice. I let my tears spill onto his shoulders and we just stay like that for a while. Honestly, I missed him so much.
"It's ok Richelle. I understand, you're angry with me. And you should be. What I did was stupid and I'm an idiot. But please forgive me, I'm really sorry." He says and pulls away to look at my face.
But, he keeps his arms around my waist.
I take a deep breath before saying, "I forgive you Noah, I've missed you." I say which makes a smile appear on his face.
"I missed you too Richelle." He says and hugs me again.
"Call me R." I say with a smile.
"Ok R." He says softly.

We pull away and start working on our duet.
"So why don't we aerial in and then do an overhead lift?" I ask.
"Are you sure about the lift?" He asks.
"Yeah, let's try it now." I say and run towards him.
He lifts me up as high as he can and I keep my balance. Once he lifts me down, he says, "Wasn't that just like old times?"
I smile and we carry on with our duet.

As soon as we finish, Riley walks in.
"Well hello you two. Have you finished your duet?" She asks directly looking at me.
"Yes." I reply.
"Well then I would like to see it." She says and turns on the music.

We chose to dance to 'Let The Music Take Control' because it's quite up beat and is a bit of a fast song. I love that about it, we could fit a lot of acro in it. Once the music starts, we start dancing and it's going really well. After me and Noah talking for a bit, I do trust him now and this duet is going to look great.

Once we finish, Riley starts clapping.
"That was amazing you guys!" She says with a huge smile on her face.
"Thanks." Noah says as me and him both pant.
"Well I have to see Alfie and Skylar's duet so I'll see you guys later!" She says and walks out of studio A.

"Good job R, you really impressed me." He says with a smile.
"Thanks." I say and take a sip of water.
"No problem." He says and does the same.
"Hey R?" He asks.
"Yeah?" I ask.
"How do you feel about going on a date tonight?" He asks.
"I'd love to."

This is officially the end of the book! Hope you guys enjoyed it! This is probably my longest one shot, 1183 words! Hope you enjoyed ❤️ Don't forget to check out my new book Figure It Out!