Prologue

Imperial Palace's Garden of Roses

Wandering around the vast garden, a memento of my brothers and sisters, I felt a tug on my mind. Knowing that something is calling me, I let my soul free from my physical body. As I was pulled away from the physical world, I heard shouts. The last thing I saw was guards and servants rushing towards me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[Jayden's POV]

She had grown up so beautifully. The little girl we left behind is now a woman, tall, graceful, and radiates power and strength. Thick black waves flowed down her back, making her creamy skin appears even whiter. Her full red lips were parted in sleep, her long lashes casting deep shadows. As she sleeps she seems so delicate and fragile. I sighed as I caressed her cheek.

Our little sister and treasured by all immortals,

Angelique.

"She has grown up so much"

I looked up to find myself surrounded. My brothers and sisters crowded around me, eager to see our little sister.

“Of course, sister", I replied, for it was Aine who had spoken. “A long time has passed since we left"

I can still recall the day we left. Her little tear stained face still haunts me. Despite the pain she felt she let us go. We love her even more for that. The fact that she loved us, enough to set us free and picking up our burden that held us back for eons.

"Brother..."

I looked into Evelyn's clear blue eyes.

"Brother, why is she not waking up?"

I smiled reassuringly at her.

"Do not worry. She is just not use to traveling to the land of the dead and is tired from the journey"

"She is waking up, brother", said Gabriel.

I felt her shifted in my arms and watched as her eyes fluttered open. Instantly I was captured by them. Her eyes were like amethyst, clear and bright, with a golden halo around her pupils. The edges deepened to a royal blue, lined by a thin gold band with gold flecks throughout.

She smiled and slowly sat up. Reluctantly, I let her, only to be engulfed by slender arms in a warm hug.

"It has been a long time, dear brother"

I looked at her, tears trailed down her cheeks, leaving silvery tracks and glistening in the light. Her eyes were full of happiness, but underneath there was pain. I kissed her cheeks as I wiped away the tears.

"Yes, my beloved Angelique"

I held her closer, only to have her pulled out of my arms. I scowled at my brothers and sisters as Angelique was passed around. Tears of joy flowed down my sisters' cheeks and my brothers glowed with love, as they hug her. Angelique laughed and we all smiled, listening to her voice. Finally I walked to where she was surrounded by Gabriel, Evelyn, Michael, Natalia, Elijah, and my twin Adina. My brothers and sisters quieted down, knowing what was going to happen. Angelique turned around and upon seeing my approach, her eyes turned solemn as she faced me and waited.

"Jayden"

Her voice was smooth and sweet, but lacking the warmth from when she first greeted me.