Chapter Nine: Soon to Come

Skylar's POV

I stepped out of my car, slamming the door loudly behind me. I was still fuming about what had happen last night. How did that girl sneak into the pack house without anyone knowing. I knew that she was not a Were nor was she a mere human. There was something unusual about her scent, it had a familiar note, that I cant seem to remember were have i smell it before. i shook my head. I had my things to worry about. The fact that Brittany was plotting something against Angelique had reached our pack and my parents had ask me to make sure nothing happens to her. My mother appeared very upset when she heard the news for some reason, yet neither her or my father would tell me anything. James' beta, Colton, had stopped by early in the morning to drop off an invitation to a gathering hosted by the Nightshade's pack on their island. It was stated that it will take place in four days. Despite the invitation, it was a known fact that it is a summon. If the Nightshades call they expect an answer. The pack has been buzzing with the news of finally being able to meet the famous twin Alphas and that the Bluemoon and a few other pack was also invited. I was interrupted by Kain nudging my shoulder.

"snap out of it sis. We're gonna be late to class"

I laughed and replied.

"Like you care if we're late to history or not"

He snorted

"I dont but moms not gonna be happy it dad tell her that ive been late to class again, you know what moms like"

At this he shuddered while i just laughed and dragged him into the class room.

Oh the joy of torture.

................................

I signed. It was finally time for lunch. History was a total joke. Half of the class was asleep and it was the same in chemistry class. English was the only class were people actually paid attention, Everyone was either too scared to piss of Calevary or worshipped his every words. Angelique and her friends were quietly exchanging words with Calia, a girl i knew to be from Brittany's pack. Brittany sat a few seats away from them, glaring at them with hatred, but didnt attempt to do anything in front of Calevary.

I was turning around the corner when I saw it. Brittany and her group had crowded around Calia, corning her against the lockers. I noticed that Angelique was at her locker just down the hall and was frowning at them. All of a sudden Brittany and her friends started to shove and hit Calia. That was when I felt a surged of power, more powerful than anything I felt before in my life.

"Stop"

Her voice was deadly quiet yet the halls immediately became silent as every person turned to face her. Angelique slowly stalked toward Calia, never removing her eyes from Britanny and her friends, each who appears to be struggling to move. So fast that they seemed to appear out of thin air, Liam and Luna materialized by her side with Yvienne, Ash, and Camilia right behind them. They didnt interfere but stayed behind her to watch the scene unfold. She stopped right in front of Brittany and stared straight into her eyes. I was shock to see her smile, it was not a happy smile but one that was full of darkness. Her unique eyes seems to glow.

"Get down and apologize to her, all of you"

Brittany was the only one who truly seem to struggle against her, as I watched them being forced on their knees, shock that they seem to be controlled by an unknown force.

" I said apologize!"

Her voice cracked through the air as the temperature seems to drop.

Finally Liam stepped forward to place his hand on her shoulder.

"You need to calm down Angel. We will deal with them"

She just shrugged his hand off and turned to look at him.

"No. I am not down with them yet, especially that insolent pup. You would agree with me if you had seen what she had done"

They stared at each other, before anger and disgust appeared on Liam's and Luna's face. He nodded and back away. She turned back around to look at Brittany, who was still struggling to stand.

"Well? What can you say for yourself, after what you and your mother had done?"

At this, Brittany seemed to paled before her face twisted with hate and she snarled at Angelique.

"I dont know what you are talking about you crazy bitch but you are breaking the treaty and the law if dont let me go"

At this, Angelique laughed. I felt a shiver travel done my spine at the chilling sound. Slowly I watched as she reached down and grasped Brittany by her neck. When she was effortlessly picked off the floor, Brittany seems to regain control of her body and took a swipe at Angelique's face. Brittany smirked when she was released and watched as blood flowed from the the deep cuts on Angelique's face. Surprisingly, no one stepped forward to help her. Brittany laughed.

"What now you freak. Who are you going to cry to now since no one appears to want to help you"

Angelique just stared emotionlessly at her before she slowly smile. Brittany looked shocked before she started screaming and drop to the floor in pain.

"Foolish pup. It is against your wolf's nature to hurt me and as retaliation you will experience even more pain than what you have inflicted. you were right about the treaty but that does not affect me and I am above the law of mortals. Unfortunately for you, you must answer for your crimes, on top of daring to attack me"

By now, Brittany was out of breath from screaming and laid motionless on the floor before she was pulled to her feet by James and Colton. They bowed their heads to Angelique.

"I want you to take her and keep her imprisoned. Then I want you to go and inform her pack and also to capture her mother. I will deal with everything else, just make sure they do not escape"

They snapped to attention and said

"Yes, my Lady"

By know my head was spinning with questions. This time I was determined to get answers. I was startled to look up and discover Angelique looking straight at me. Before I could even say anything she spoke up.

"In due time young wolf. All will soon be revealed at the gathering of the Pack. Then time for change has come and a new dawn will arise. Heed the advice of your parents and your pack will prosper"

With those last words, she turned and left with everyone else following. None, not even the humans appeared to be fazed by what had happened. Now I am looking towards the Nightshade's gathering.