Aradia Megido - Ghosts

" Why did i agree to this!?" you mentally screamed as you ran down a small path in the woods. you were terrified of these woods because your friends always told you creepypasta stories and scared you. "Now those assholes got me into this? what am i gonna do!?" you thought as you frantically looked around. you were completely and utterly lost, not to mention the fact that all these trees looked exactly the same, so you did something any rational human being would do. you kept running deeper into the forest. but you didn't no this, and only prayed to god that you were going the right way.

After a few more minutes of running, you paused to lean against a tree and catch your breathe. breathing heavily you looked up at what you had first thought to be one of your friends, but let out a gasp of shock as you realized what it actually was: a headstone. more importantly, a whole graveyard, full of stone blocks with faded, scribbled words of remembrance. "no way," you muttered in awe and fear, as you stepped closer to the statue of an angel, which you had previously mistaken for one of your friends. leaning over the base of the statue, you tried to make out the faded words that had been carved, but failed as it was too old.

"Who are you?" a voice called out, making you jump and hit your head on the statue. "W-who's there?" you called out looking around in fear. You saw movement in the corner of your eye and whirled around and saw a girl with shiny black curls that draped over her shoulders. She wore an odd outfit that consisted of a gray skirt with a few tears near the bottom, and a black T-shirt with the Ares symbol on the front. You watched the girl that stood a few meters away with caution as she continued speaking, ignoring your question.

"This place is really deep in the woods. actually I'm surprised you found this place at all," she said taking steps towards you as she spoke. soon you were only mere feet away from the odd girl that had appeared out of almost nowhere. "Who are you?" you questioned again. Your mind racing, full of thoughts of all the ways she might kill you, and how long it would take someone to find your mangled corpse. "Aradia Megido. you can call me aradia, although i doubt you would come to see me again. you're obviously scared, so i will be on my way. goodbye." she said, and began to walk away. "Wait!" you called out desperately as you grabbed her hand. Turning, she looked at you, question Covering her face. "i'm lost and alone. i think my friends left me and i don't know how to get out of here. please help me," you pleaded. she nodded before taking your hand and leading you through the trees. "thank you, thank you so much," you said to her as you walked to her side.

Only now you noticed that she still had a firm grip on your hand, but instead of being antisocial like you would have normally done, you entwined your fingers with hers. Looking up you saw a small smile form on her face as she continued to look ahead. You talked to aradia for the majority of the time she had lead you out of the forest, though she didn't talk much you had no problem holding most of the conversation. When you weren't talking you both walked, hand in hand, in comfortable silence.

soon you saw the edge of the forest, and began to run towards it, before turning around and waving goodbye to aradia. You pushed your way out of the woods and into the park that had a few children playing on it. "I must have been in there for quite awhile," you murmured aloud, as you turned to begin walking home, you were tackled into a group hug by your friends. "where have you been!" John asked as he looked you over for injury's. You smiled and simply replied with "lets go back tomorrow, i had fun," with a happy sigh and a contended smile you walked past your friends who stood looking after you in confusion.

"i guess they aren't assholes, after all they led one of the best things in my life," you smiled at the thought as you walked down the now oh so familiar path that led to aradia. You smiled as you saw her waiting at the angel statue and ran over. You smiled at her and reached into the pocket of your hoodie and pulled out a sharp pocket knife."Ready?" you asked her as you leaned down to the faded words. you began to drag the knife in neat lines and shapes, carving over the already written words. 'Here lies Aradia Megido'.

THE END

aaaaaaah! I'm so happy with how this turned out! i hope you all enjoy this, as i am incredibly proud of this one shot. it took me quite awhile, but in the end, it was so worth it, as this is definitely my favorite one shot out of the few i have written. i hope you like it and if you do, a comment or suggestion would make my day. thanks and bye! ~ Winter