Vriska Serket - Promises

You jumped up into the air, landing a swift kick to your opponent's jaw. He let out out a girlish squeal and fell to ground clutching his jaw, as you looked around at the various bodies around you, some writhing on the ground in agony and others unconscious. You sighed and began walk out out of the fighting arena, passing the pile of betted money, before stopping and collecting all of it. You felt the eyes on your back as you stood at the door with your arms still pushing all the money to the bottom of your satchel. Growing annoyed with everyone's gaze on you, you turned and gave them all a chilling glare. Although most of them were grown men, a few shivered in fear or coward away. You then pushed open the door and began running down the street. You had only one destination, and no one was going to stop you from getting there.

Your name is (Y/N) (L/N), and you have a pretty generic back story. No you weren't abused, no you weren't kidnapped, and no, you hadn't been kicked out of your house by your parents, and for that matter, your parents were both alive and in perfect condition, so no, that doesn't have anything to do with anything. Might as well start out at the beginning.

.: Two months ago :.

You hummed lightly as you pulled your bag out of your locker. You had benn taking self defense classes since you were 2, so by now you were almost a pro. Right now you were just done with your last class and ready to head home. "Bye!" you called to your best friend (B/F/N) as you hopped down the steps of the brick building. "Aww, your leaving already? But sensei is taking the whole class to get ice cream, we came in 3rd at the nationals! we were third best in the country! this is a big deal!" she/he called back persuasively. You were extremely tempted to forget your plan and go with them, but you would never get another chance like this, and if you were going to do it, it had to be now. "Sorry (B/F/N), i have some homework i need to finish, but ill make it up to you, i promise!" you yelled to them as you jogged backwards. She/he waved at you and gave you a thumbs up, signalling she was cool with it.

After jogging the few minutes home, you pushed your way through the front door. Your parents were kind and loving, and honestly you didn't want to leave them, but you had to. Your plan was to pack up your things while your parents where at the hospital with your brother, who had cancer. Your family was going into debt at the rate your brother was going, which wasn't good. Both your parents worked but it was scarcely enough to get by. So, you were taking a bus to New York city, where you would put your fighting skills to use. With the money you won you won, your brother and parents could live a comfortable life, even if you were starving out on the streets. As long as they were safe you were fine. And that's what you did.

.: Present time :.
You walked to the back of the post office and knocked 3 times. You had talked someone who worked at the postal office to sneak the money into the system, and to your parents. The door opened slowly and you saw her. Vriska looked around for anyone who might see you two, before walking out onto the street. "well look who finally showed up! " she said with a cocky smirk. You rolled your eyes, a ghost of a smile appearing on your lips. "Do you have my share of the money? That was the agreement remem8er?" she said holding her hand out impatiently. You frowned and shook your head as you pulled out $180. Handing her the money you put the rest ($760) into an envelope and addressed it. Vriska stamped it and ducked back into the building to see if anyone was there.

She gave you the all clear signal, and you walked around the front of the building. Pushing open the doors you walked in, passing Vriska, who sat boredly at the front desk, and slipped the envelope into the large box. You turned and jumped in surprise when you came face to face with Vriska. "Say," she purred out through her sly smile, "Where do you get this much money anyways?" You turned away and sighed. You knew she was going to find out eventually, even if you didn't tell her, and if you didn't tell her, it might jeopardize your deal.

You sighed and gave her the address to your small ratty apartment. You mailed money back home twice every month, and kept $60 to pay your rent, and $150 for groceries and other necessities. You told her to be there around 8 o'clock, which she agreed to, grinning in triumph. You then went home to wait. 'Ding ding' you heard the sound of your broken doorbell, and stood up off your ripped and tattered couch to answer the door. "you live in this dump? jeez you have really low standards," she said looking around judgingly. You rolled your eyes and said nothing as you pulled on your black hoodie and gym shoes. You walked carefully out the door, vriska in tow.

You hurried to one of the many street fights around the city, and looked down the alley. A large man stood in the middle of piles of people moaning in pain from punches and hits. You looked at Vriska who was looking around with a sly grin, before you pointed towards the pile of betted money that sat between to body guards. Vriska nodded and looked towards the man who was heading towards the money pile, an overly confident smirk on his lips.

"HEY! YOU! YEAH YOU, ARE YOU AS STUPID AS YOU LOOK? JEEZ, THIS FIGHT IS FAR FROM OVER! OR ARE YOU TO SCARED TO TAKE ONE TWO GIRLS!" You yelled at him. He turned to you and Vriska and laughed, along with most of the people who surrounded him. You walked strait up to him and gave him a killer left hook to the jaw, while vriska swept his chubby legs out from under him. He fell to the ground moaning in pain after only two blows. Whispers blew through the crowd as you and vriska stuffed the money in your pockets and took off, ignoring the yells that came from behind you.

After that you and vriska were partners in crime, As well as love. You had continued to mail money to your family, not knowing how they were at all, but you couldnt be bothered to go and find out. after all, after that one night, you and vriska ruled the night streets of new york city. Vriska bought a fancy house and you both lived there. and the best part according to vriska? she didn't have to work at the post office anymore.

THE END

Enjoy! it took me forever lol xD ~ Winter