Threatened Olivia

CHAPTER FOUR – Threatened Olivia

I walked home, depressed. It turns out that Harry is in only one class with me. What’s worse is that the cheer squad roped him into their web of pom-poms and social standards. Ugh. I hate those b*tches. Just because my legs look hot in a cheerleading outfit, doesn’t mean I have enough pep, to lead a pep rally.

So here I am, once again making the most of my ten minutes alone, in my now sickly grey looking sweater and muddy heels, looking up at the sky and wondering who could possibly be up there that would hate me so much to rain a bunch of sh*t down on me.

BEEP!

I jumped, nearly breaking my heel, and whirled around to see Harry’s car idling on the curb. I walked up, curious to see what he wanted. The window rolled down to reveal –

Olivia Preston; The Queen B*tch, Head Cheer-Loser, and my genuine Arch Enemy since Grade 2. Stupid sl*t stole my cookies, and pulled my hair! Punched the crazy b*tch in the nose (hehe).

I blinked in surprise, hiding my less than friendly thoughts (though she had no problem showing hers, judging from the scowl on her face).

“Harry? Why the hell did we stop?” she asked in her whiny, high pitched voice. Nails on a chalk board – nuff said. Harry leaned across, giving me a charming smile.

“You want a ride? It’s still pretty wet outside” he asked, beckoning me to enter his car. I bit my lip tempted…but Olivia was in there, and while I mostly ignored all the stares and mean comments, I’d rather spend the rest of my high school career in one piece, rather than mauled pile of goo that she would certainly turn me into should I take the offer.

“Nah…I only live ten minutes away from school, so I only have another five left…its fine” Harry frowned, but didn’t stop me when I turned and walked away, my heart breaking slightly as I did.

****

For the next few weeks, I watched on as Harry quickly rose to the top of the social ladder. No, it wasn’t because he started dating that walking STD Olivia a couple of weeks in; it was because…well…he was absolutely f*cking amazing.

He charmed his way into the hearts of the female student population, the faculty members, the lunch ladies, the cats, the dogs…hell; even the janitorial staff liked him. And believe me, they don’t like any of us students for sh*t.

After the initial territorial display made by the male students, most of them took a liking to Harry as well. He’s smart, funny, good-looking, sporty, sweet, generous, into cars…isn’t he, like, perfect? No guy can protest to a guy so nice, that he helped a freshman out in finding a date to the upcoming winter dance; or helped a group of seniors prank the crankiest, oldest and meanest teacher in the school: Mr Philips.

(Honestly, the guy had it coming. Make a bunch of kids do lines…for no other crime than pretty much existing at all, makes the students kind of hate you – when Mr Philips emerged from his office covered in mud, flour and glitter, the student body cheered). Not even I can complain that he so easily moved on from our (what I like to call destined) meeting, because a gift like him ought to be shared.

It’s a shame I don’t enjoy sharing.

Besides, he still chats to me during Chemistry. From the not-so-many conversations we have had; I have deduced that he is 19 years old, he has 4 best friends that he met through a man named Simon, he loves cats, he loves taco’s (like me, hehehe), he loves romance flicks like Love Actually, Titanic and The Notebook, which is so cute. He can speak fluent French, he can juggle and he sings too. He is so perfect!

But other than that…we don’t really interact often. He says hi to me on occasion…but those are usually when he’s not surrounded by sl*ts and d*ckheads. And those occasions are getting more and more extinct as time passes.

I sighed deeply. I wish I weren’t so invisible. If I hadn’t been in this f*cked up town since I was born, then maybe I could have become something different. Maybe I could have friends by now…hell, I could have been in Olivia’s spot! F*ck yeah…but I’d totally use the power of popularity way better than her. Like Harry. All she does is manipulate cheer try outs, bully people about their looks, and intimidate freshman. Did I mention she makes my life a living hell? Well yeah, she does.

So here I am, sitting in the courtyard, waiting for the bell to ring (signalling the end of lunch), when a shadow blocks out the very rare sunshine.

“Whoever the f*ck you are, move out of the way. I’m making the most of my vitamin D, dude” I spoke, without opening my eyes.

“Look b*tch, I don’t have much time” ugh, that voice.

“Say, Olivia…have you ever considered getting your voice box surgically removed? It’s definitely something you should consider, since you sound like a donkey trying to give birth to a pig” I told her calmly, squinting up at her. Her face turned a mottled purple – ew, so not attractive.

“Sh*t the f*ck up, Kiriana. Don’t f*cking toy with me you b*tch. I’m just here to say that you have to stay the hell away from my boyfriend!” she snapped, flipping here ugly dirty blonde hair over her shoulder, and put her hands on her hips.

“And who is your boyfriend?” I asked sardonically. As if I didn’t know. It broke my heart whenever I caught them lip-locking in the hallways. Or in front of the Chemistry room. Or behind the staircase. Or in the car park. Ugh. They just don’t know the meaning of privacy do they?

“Who the f*ck else? Harry Styles! Hoe, don’t mess with me. I will kill whatever chance you may have at getting out of this town, because we all know that’s what you want to do” she told me smugly. And here I thought she was gonna pull another ‘I will make your life a living hell’ threat. After all those times I’ve told her that she already has, she’s finally caught on. But damn…I wish she hadn’t.

“Whatever b*tch. I only ever talk to Harry in Chemistry anyway. It’s hard to avoid him when we have Chemistry together” oh yeah, let her think on that! She glared, catching my double meaning. “Also, a big project is coming up, and I may have to go over to his house a few times…so staying away from him isn’t much of an option” I told her, mockingly disappointed.

“If I catch you trying anything on Harry, I will destroy you” she threatened…though it was kinda lost on me, because of her voice. Maybe Harry kisses her so much to shut her up. Not my preferred method, but if it works, it works.

I rolled my eyes. Bring it b*tch.

“You and I both know that I can snap you pretty little neck in half just as easily as you can try to ruin my life. But of the two, I think I can salvage what you’ve ruined, while you may never get to look in a mirror for the rest of your life” I gasped, in mock horror, before standing, turning and walking away.

 A/N: Here's the next installation peeps! Hope you like!