Confrontation

CHAPTER FIVE – Confrontation

I wonder what Harry gets up to at home. I mean, that sounds really stalkerish, but I’m serious. Because I’m starting to think he’s either into REALLY rough sex, or he’s into underground street fighting or something.

Today, when I was sitting in Chemistry, waiting for Harry to show up so we could work on our project, he literally burst into the room, with unconcealed fury radiating from him.

Oh damn – it was sexy, but I wonder what got him so pissed off.

Today, I was wearing a hoodie, red t-shirt that said ‘Cutie <3’ on it, with some leggings and flats. Usually Harry would be all over it, going out of his way to compliment me like he usually does while I smile, embarrassed. But today he stomped over to his chair, and slumped down, promptly ignoring Mr Hanson’s demands for an excuse.

I peeked over at him shyly, taking in his stiff shoulders and scowl, when I saw it. There was the faintest shadow of a slap mark on his cheek. Who the f*ck slapped him? I peered more closely and saw that he had a split lip, and if I looked really closely, I could see bruises on his wrists and knuckles.

What the heck happened? Did he get bashed or something? Who would want to bash Harry Styles? I turned to the front, my mind reeling.

Suddenly I felt furious, and it must have shown on my face, because I felt a warm hand on my clenched fists. I blinked and looked down to see a large, manly hand on mine. I looked over at Harry, and saw he was smiling, but his eyes were wary. He knew I knew about the bruises.

“I’m fine, Kiriana” he told me, his voice low and quiet. I frowned.

“What happened, Harry?” I asked him, desperate to know, so I could beat the motherf*cker who did this to him. He dropped his hand, making me miss the warmth it provided.

“Just drop it, ok?” with that he turned to face forward, resting his face on his arms and ignoring me and everyone else for the rest of the lesson.

****

I walked into lunch, not having seen Harry at all since this morning. My eyes roved the lunch room until I spotted him sitting with his girlfriend and the cheerleaders surrounded by Popular’s and looking completely alone. He was staring out the window, ignoring all his friend’s attempts at involving him in the conversation.

“Baby, hey, want to go outside for a while?” she asked, winking at everyone at the table. Harry shook his head, making me smirk when Olivia’s face grew disappointed.

“Aww c’mon. I know a place we can hang out and…talk” she whined, her stupid voice grating on my nerves. I went to the lunch line, Olivia entirely unaware of the fact that her voice carried across the hall.

“No, I’m not in the mood” Harry mumbled, as I passed their table, carrying my lunch.

“Hey Kiriana! Was the cashier blind? Because there is no way they would have let you walk out of the shop, wearing a shirt saying that, when you’re face looks like the rear end of a cow” some random b*tch called to me just as I was about to get out of hearing distance.

“Hey Verity. Not cool” Harry, the amazing guy he is, came to my rescue. Verity blushed, but continued to sneer at me. Yeah b*tch, not cool.

I ignored them and was about to continue to a table when-

“Why did you stick up for that sl*t?” Olivia whined. I snapped around and threw my tray full of food at her face.

Silence reigned in the lunch room. Olivia sat shocked, taco filling dripping into her shirt. Harry had turned to stare shocked at Olivia, before turning to me.

I had a smirk on my face, and I could tell I practically oozed satisfaction.

Then, the softest chuckle escaped Harry’s lips…slowly building into snickers and full blown laughter. It was the Domino effect at work. When the newly appointed King Popular started laughing at his own girlfriend, he managed to get the rest of the lunch room going.

By that point, my grin was stretched across my face, my chest puffed out proudly. While basking in the laughter that for once was directed at Olivia, I didn’t notice the witch stand up and walk over to me, and pull back her hand before-

SLAP!

“You bitch!” Olivia shrieked, fixing to get another hit in, but I was too quick. My fist snapped forward and hit her in the cheek with a loud smack. She stumbled away while I glared at her.

“No one slaps me, and f*cking gets away with it” I told her in a low, threatening voice.

“F*ck you, you dirty wh*re!!!” Olivia shrieked in a pitch that only dogs could pick up on. I stalked forward, but suddenly someone was there, gripping my shoulders and steering me away. Olivia attempted to charge at me, but a somewhat smart jock grabbed her too, and kept her from moving forward…though, from the way he was laughing his head off at the turn of events, I didn’t trust his hold.

I let, whoever it was, drag me away, until we reached an empty classroom, and they all but carried me in there. Suddenly, cool minty breath washed across my ear.

“Calm down Kiriana” Harry murmured into my ear, making me contain a shiver.

I shrugged him off, despite not wanting to, and turned to face him. His cheek looked darker, the bruise spreading down his face, and across his cheekbone. His lip had turned a bit purple-y grey from the cut, and when he shifted his hand, he would wince.

“Why did you grab me, and not your girlfriend?” I asked, too pissed off to be shy around him. Harry looked at me steadily, unfazed by my anger.

“Do you think I haven’t noticed how you aren’t exactly on friendly terms with the rest of the student body? I’m like, your only friend” he told frankly, making me cringe at the harshness of his words.

“Gee, thanks Harry” I snapped, walking to perch on a desk, my frown deepening as he sighed, wincing when he ran his injured hand through his hair.

“Sorry…I didn’t mean it like that. I just…I don’t know why a great girl like you doesn’t get more friends” he told me, mirroring my frown.

“I don’t know. I’ve been a loner for years. Being in this town my entire life, I guess everyone has seen me through my worst years, and didn’t like what they saw” I told him, slumping tiredly. Harry frowned at that, before sighing.

“Look, Kiriana. While it was pretty hilarious when you threw those tacos on Olivia, I wouldn’t be a good boyfriend if I didn’t tell you not to do it again” Harry smiled lightly. My heart cracked a bit. Oh yeah, that’s right, I forgot. He was shackled to Head Cheer-Loser. But I pulled a smile on, despite my depressing thoughts.

“It was pretty funny, eh?” I asked him, my eyes imagining her covered in taco. “Shame about the taco though” Harry’s lips quirked up into a grin.

“Yeah, shame about the taco” he agreed, making me laugh loudly.

This was great. I could imagine just for a couple of minutes that Harry and I were in our own world. No Olivia. No school. No mysterious injuries…

“Harry?” he smiled.

“Yeah”

“Where’d the bruises come from?” suddenly his entire face shut down. His happy expression disappeared, and he just went blank.

“I fell over.” He told me unconvincingly. I knew he knew I knew he was lying. He pasted a smile on his face, this one too forced to be genuine. “Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing. I’m fine” I looked at him with a sceptical look, before opening my mouth to say something. But just then the bell rang.

“Come on. Time for class”

 A/N: Hey my cupcakes...now I have a confession to make: this story is just something to dawdle on until I can think of a good chapter for a story to be updated...sorry! Oh and sorry about all the swearing...its just because this story is from the viewpoint of my friend and she swears so yeah...

COMMENT!