Blackout and Badass Brother

CHAPTER SIXTEEN – Black out and Badass Brother

I twisted my head around as much as the neck restraint would allow me and saw Harry standing there, with fury blazing in his green eyes, ash and dirt smeared over his bare arms and face, and his entire body tense.

I could just imagine the badass music in the background.

A scream echoed through the room, and I realized it was mine. Steve had turned up the voltage and I writhed on the stone slab, while shrieks and screams escaped my lips. Tears poured down the sides of my face, running into my hair as I sobbed with pain.

“Kiriana!” Harry yelled, about to run over to me, but in my dazed pain, I heard a click. I turned to see Steve pointing a gun at Harry’s head, a sadistic grin on his face.

“NO!!!” I screamed, fighting harder to get off the slab, but I just succeeded in causing more pain to myself as my head slammed against the stone.

“You ruined my f*cking life. You and your wh*re of a mother. I can’t believe you f*cking ran from me. I gave you two a good life. All I expected was some obedience” Steve told Harry casually, as if he wasn’t pointing a gun at his stepson’s head, and I wasn’t writhing in pain not even 3 metres away.

“You beat my mother! You raped her! You bloody killed her you *sshole!!!” Harry shouted, ducking quickly under the gun and swinging his fist hard into Steve’s face.

Steve’s face snapped hard to the side, blood dripping from his lips as he spat out what appeared to be a tooth. He turned to glare at Harry.

“You f*cking prick. I’m going to f*ck your dead little b*tch of a girlfriend, and then I’m going to make you watch as I kill you slowly” Steve snarled, raising his gun once more, this time aimed at me, and Harry ran forward but it was too late.

BANG!

I opened my eyes painfully, black spots colouring my vision. Just before I blacked out, the pain…the agonising pain blissfully stopped and I passed out.

****

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned. Damn alarm. Just give me a couple more minutes.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I raised my hand to turn it off, but something tugging at my wrist stopped me from doing so. I winced at the slight pain. I tried to roll away but my limbs felt too heavy and refused to move. Slowly I became aware of a throbbing ache along my spine, and I pinpointed a jagged pain in my side. I think it was my side. I couldn’t be sure.

“Kiriana? Babe, are…are you awake?” the most amazing voice whispered above me, trembling with pain. Why was this angel in pain? Should I wake up? Would that make the angel happy?

“Please wake up Kiriana. Please” he whispered. I sighed. I know that voice. My eyes fluttered as I tried to open my eyes. “Kiriana?”

“H…Harry?” I whispered hoarsely as my eyes opened slowly. I winced at the bright light, but continued to open my heavy lids. Then, the most gorgeous sight met my eyes.

Harry’s handsome face entered my vision, with a relieved smile on his face, and love shining through his eyes. Tears were running slowly down his cheeks as he leant down and kissed me gently.

“Kiriana. Thank God. Thank God” he murmured as he gently hugged me from where I lay. My hands gently patted his waist, being the only area I could reach. Harry leaned back, pressed something above my head, before leaning down and kissing me once more.

“Are you ok? Are you in pain?” he asked anxiously, looking me over. I did the same. I appeared to be on a hospital bed, currently swathed in white sheets, and a hospital gown. I looked down to my wrist and saw an IV stuck in the vein. I winced.

I hate needles.

“I’m fine” I said hoarsely, and Harry rushed over to a water jug, and quickly filled a cup before, helping me up to drink. I sighed as the cool water soothed my sore throat. He set the cup aside, but kept his arm around my shoulder, propping me up against some pillows. I looked up into his soft green eyes, and asked the question I knew he would hate.

“What happened?”

His eyes tightened, and his fist clenched around my hand for a moment before relaxing. He sighed.

“Well, right before you passed out, Steve aimed his gun at you…then you’re brother came out from behind and tackled him, stopping the gun from k-killing you” Harry let out a low sob.

“I…I ran over to you to stop the machine from zapping you brain dead, while your brother beat the crap out of that low-life *sshole. You…you wouldn’t wake up a-and I thought that…that Steve got you. That he pushed you so far over the edge…that-that you wouldn’t come back.

I sat there for about 10 minutes, about to give up when your eyes opened…just for a second. But you looked straight at me, before passing out again. That’s when the police ran in, arrested Steve and some paramedics came in to look after you.

I-I hadn’t seen the bullet wound in your side until one of them mentioned tying it off and closing it up. Your brother let me ride in the ambulance with you while your dad took your family to the hospital.

It took four hours…four hours for the doctor to come out and tell us you were stable. They said you’d had severe trauma to your nervous system and there was a possibility there’d be brain trauma…and you might never wake up from the coma you slipped into.

I was so scared” Harry whispered, burying his face into my neck, and I felt his tears soaking into the fabric of my hospital gown. I gathered up the little strength I had, and gently stroked his hair.

“I love you Harry” I whispered, and he pulled back, a gorgeous smile lighting his face, before he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine roughly, as if he couldn’t get enough of me.

“Hey now. Save that love for when she feeling better” a familiar voice joked, and Harry pulled away so I could see my brother standing there, a cut running down his eyebrow, and a light shadowed bruise under his left eye.

“Hey Tyson” I murmured, reaching a hand out to him, and he walked over, and gave me a gentle hug.

“Hey sis” my brother may sometimes be a little sh*t but sometimes he can be seriously awesome.

“Thank you Ty…you saved my ass” Harry clapped him on the shoulder, jerking away when my brother winced. I raised an eyebrow at that, catching the edge of bandage on his shoulder under the blue collar of his t-shirt.

“Crap, sorry dude” Harry chuckled, as Ty gently rolled his shoulder. Ty caught my questioning look, and he smiled.

“When I tackled that douche bag, I hit the floor pretty hard and dislocated it. I still have it strapped pretty tight, but I only got rid of the sling today” Ty explained, leaning gingerly against the wall, wary of his injured shoulder. I blinked in confusion.

“How long have I been unconscious for?” I asked, and they looked at each other uncertainly, before Harry turned back to me.

“You’ve been unconscious for three weeks. The…electrocution really took it out of you” my eyes widened, and my breathing picked up, as it came out in gasps. Harry quickly knelt down next to me, and took my hand.

“Shh…it’s ok. You’re awake now” Harry murmured, stroking my hair gently.

“Three weeks? Are sh*tting me? I could have DIED in that time!!!” I freaked out.

“Hey now, half that time was in a medically induced coma. Believe me, I was freaking out too, but the doctors reassured me, when they took you out of it and you didn’t wake up, that your body just needed more to time to repair. And clearly since you’re awake, your body doesn’t need to have you unconscious to do so anymore” Harry soothed, and I slowly calmed down as he lightly brushed his hand across my face. I smiled at him, as he began to lean forward.

“Oh man. I’m gonna go tell mum and dad you’re awake…not that you care”

He was right. I didn’t give a damn about the sh*t he was spewing, because at that moment, Harry’s lips had found mine.

A/N: never realised I didn't update...sorry!