Bruises and Break-up

CHAPTER SIX – Bruises and Break-up

Two weeks have passed since the incident in the lunch room, and something has DEFINITELY changed in the atmosphere of the students. Whenever I walk down the hall, I can feel more eyes than usual probing the back of my head. I mean, I usually have a fair amount of attention from the way I dress, but this is just over the top.

Harry is also back to normal. His bruises are still fading, but no new ones have appeared since last week. The entire week, he came to school sporting some injury, and at one point; a sprained wrist. What the f*ck was he doing??? Riding downhill on an out of control motorbike???

I’ve asked him a couple more times what’s happening with him, but he shrugs me off and walks away the moment he has the chance. I’m getting a bit frustrated. For all the perfection that he is, he can be seriously stubborn, and I have to admit it’s pissing me off.

But don’t worry Harry, I’m just as, if not more stubborn.

So anyway, I’m walking down the hall to one of my other classes (without Harry *sigh*), when a fellow senior student walks up to me with the biggest grin on her face. What was her name again?

“Hi!” she chirped loudly, clasping her hands in front of her, her eyes wide and blue, looking up at me. Is this chick on drugs? She freaking me the f*ck out!

“Yeah, hi” I mumbled, trying to get past her. Her smile widened, and holy f*ck, she is seriously scaring me right now.

“I just wanted to say it was awesome of you to throw taco’s all over that b*tch Olivia!” she exclaimed loudly, making me look around warily. Luckily, everyone had gotten to class by now. I looked at her warily. So that’s what this is about?

“Er, yeah…thanks” I told her, her smile still bright and full. Maybe she just came back from a laughing gas session with the dentist. “It was pretty awesome hey”

She grinned even more, if that was even possible.

“F*ck yeah! And then that punch you threw…damn, I wish I could do that” I laughed and was about to offer some advice on the art of hitting hoe-bags in the face when the bell suddenly rang, making me jump.

“Ah sh*t. I’m late! Anyway, see ya!” she told me, wiggling her fingers in goodbye, leaving me standing there, the tiniest bit disappointed that she had to leave so quickly.

So now the teacher, Ms Dell is snapping at me for being late. I mumbled apologies and sh*t, before moving to my desk and sitting down. Hey, if some random chick comes up to you and compliments you on your food fighting skills, you’d be pretty shocked too.

“Hey” someone whispered, but I ignored it. People whispered in class all the time. A beat of silence passed, and I wondered when whoever was being called would answer.

“Hey Kiriana!” that’s new. I turned to see some guy whose name I can’t remember, grinning at me. Oh damn, not another one. “It was f*cking hot what you did the other day. Any time you wanna have some fun, you look me up” he winked before shifting to sit back properly in his seat. What the f*ck?!

I blinked, but looked forward as well. What I didn’t know was those two encounters were an omen of what was to come.

****

I gritted my teeth, trying to avoid more students congratulating me on my epic throwdown on Olivia. Awesome as it was, getting bothered by a bunch of hormonal teenagers (especially the boys) got irritating after a while.

I walked into the lunch room, some people looking my way and waving. Jeez, you upset the balance, and all of sudden you’re the centre of attention.