Chapter Six

"Where are we going?" I asked Cade. He sends me a grin.

"To the woods," he replied, "I thought it would be nice to go for a walk in there." I nodded my head in agreement. Cade grabs my hand so that we could go faster.

Finally at the edge of the woods, Cade spins me around so that I am facing him. I laugh.

"You are crazy Cade," I told him, "you know that right?" Cade laughs.

"I know," he admitted, "but so are you. Cade ran a hand through his hair.

"You know," Cade said, "You're different Sage. From any other girl I've met. And I like that." A confused look spreads across your face.

"What are you saying?" I questioned Cade. He brushed my hair away from my face.

"I am saying, Sage," he announces, "that I like you." My mouth dropped open. WHAT?! Cade liked me.

Before I knew what was happening, Cade placed his lips on mine and started kissing me. At first I thought nothing of it, then I remembered Logan. I pushed Cade away from me. Cade looked at me confused. I turned away.

"What's wrong Sage?" Cade questioned me. Tears formed in my silver hued eyes.

"What's wrong is that you knew Logan was gone, and you knew I was weak. You used it to your advantage." Tears streamed down my face.

"I'm sorry, Sage," he said, "I didn't know you still loved Logan." I didn't say anything. I just turned in the direction of the woods and started to run.