Old habits die hard

"The holidays are finally over! Now it's back to Hogwarts for all the students and teachers!" Liz shouts enthusiastically into the crowd on platform 9 and 3/4. Some students give her a harsh glare that she only returns with a sarcastic smile.

"But NEWTS are coming up!" Whined Sirius and James.

"What are NEWTS?" Asked Nessie. Liz just shrugs while Lily goes into a full on explanation that sounds like it was copied from a textbook with Remus putting in his input.

"Guys be quite the readers don't want to hear about NEWTS!" Liz shouts at mostly Lily. The group stares at her strangely and Peter who mysteriously reappeared asks the big question.

"What r-readers are you talking about?" He asks the girl. Liz gives them a secretive smile and jumps onto the train.

"I'm so happy that the Cullens let you sit with us Ness. I guess the two shapeshifters are fine but there's already enough dogs in my life. I'm more of a cat person." Liz flashes her blue eyes and holds up Sherlock.(a/n HA THOUGHT I FORGOT ABOUT THE KITTY DIDNT YOU!!! Well I kind of did...)

"I find that offensive." Sirius exclaims with a hand over his heart. Seth and Jacob nod in agreement but Liz only ignores the three. James opens a compartment door and a scowl takes over his face.

"Look an empty compartment. Why don't we sit here?" James asks obnoxiously. Liz loses her smile and frowns when she sees the person who occupies the compartment. It was a boy in there year who had curly blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm right here." The boy tells James.

"Why don't you go sit with some of the Slytherins, Newman?" Sirius spits out. The boy looks up with wide blue eyes that meet Liz's.

"I don't have anyone." He says quietly making the girl feel almost sorry for the boy.

"Let's just leave Daniel alone." Liz whispers to the group. All of the newcomers seem slightly confused at the amount of tension.

*******

The group of people all seemed to sit in the compartment in silence. James and Lily sat next to each other with Lily practically on James' lap. Liz was cuddling into the side of Remus with his arm wrapped around her. Jacob had Nessie literally on his lap with Seth next to them trying to avert his attention away from his imprint and her boyfriend. Sirius seemed to be the only normal one as he sat on the floor bobbing his head to a random beat. Peter was no where to be found.

"Who was that?" Jacob asks out loudly breaking the silence. Remus rolls his eyes at the mention of the boy while Lily, James, and Sirius scowl deeply.

"We went out with each other for most of 5th year and the beginning of 6th." Liz explains. "It was a really big deal because most Slytherins and Gryffindoors aren't friends let alone in a actual relationship."

Seth frowns deeply at the mention of his imprint having another past love interest. "What happened?" He asked curiously. Jacob and Ness seemed eager for an answer as well.

"We simply ended it." Liz responded immediately. She put a bright smile on her face and leaned further into the side of Remus. "Let's talk about something else! Who was the one that tried to switch my toothpaste with blueberry paste?" Liz asked in a sickly sweet voice. Both Sirius and James shuddered in fear since her being nice was scarier than her getting angry.

*******liz POV********skip*********

I made my way back to the compartment after destroying everything in my path to find the food trolley. "At last I got my candy." I whisper to myself looking at my assortment of candies. My body is knocked back as it collides with something and my candies fall to the floor. "Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologize as I grab a box of chocolate frogs.

"No need to apologize." The person whom I bumped into said. I froze at the sound of the voice. My eyes traveled up to see Daniel grabbing one of my sweets. He laughed and handed me the lollipop. "You still have a obsession with blood lollipops don't you?" He asks with a lopsided grin.

"What can I say? Old habits die hard." I tell him nonchalantly as I grab the rest of the candies.

"Yes they do." Daniel mumbles and I feel his gaze on me. I quickly stand up to my full height with everything in my arms.

"Sorry about earlier with my friends. It's jus-" I'm cut off mid-sentence.

"It's alright. I understand." He brushes it away. "Plus they're your best friends and I ummm," He clears his throat and looks me in my eyes. "I heard that you and Lupin started dating." I nod awkwardly confirming his suspicions.

"Yeah at the end of this summer." I tell him quietly. He 'hmms' and we both stand their in awkward silence. "Well I'm going to go now. My friends are waiting for me." I gesture in the direction of my compartment.

"Oh yeah. Of course. I'm going to go too." Daniel says with a smile. I step the right to get out of his way but he does the same thing, then I move to my left but he moves that way as well. Daniel completely stops and gestures for me to go on. "Ladies first." We both chuckle quietly and I make my way to the compartment.

"What took you so long?" Lily asks as I enter the compartment.

"Nothing." I tell her and hand her the Droobles she asked for. She just shrugs it off and goes back to the story she was telling James. I sit down next to Remus and he smiles at me, I hesitantly smile back.

Absolutely nothing.

It's never nothing! Especially when your ex has the face of Daniel Sharman! I mean can somebody back me up on this.

Did anyone miss me?! I feel like I've been gone forever! I'm on spring break! Haaaa! I honestly thought today was Wednesday then it broke my heart to find out it was Thursday!

I want to eat soooo badly! There's nothing good to eat! I MIGHT HAVE TO RESORT TO ROCKS......AGAIN!!! My mom just tells me to wait..... Can you believe that? She says to WAIT!!!!

I DID MY WAITING!!!!!!! TWELVE YEARS OF IT!!!!! IN AZKABAN!!!!

Don't make me wait for your COMMENT&VOTE!!!!!!!

Love,

Silver