Eight

*NAYA*

It's been a few days since the incident at the beach, and a few days since Jake has talked to me. We ended up not going on a date and he has distance himself from me. He's been acting really weird and tonight i'm getting to the bottom of this.

Tonight we have one more game before the annual Dice and Ice gala tomorrow, and i still don't have a date or a dress, and I found out I will be playing along in the dice and ice lip sync battle. But tomorrow I will be going out shopping with Noureen getting ready for the gala.

Right now i am changing into my outfit for the game today and straighten my hair.

I then grab my phone and keys, head down the stairs and slip on my winter jacket and head to the Rodgers Arena after telling Noureen

*AT THE ARENA*

Once i parked the car, i then get out and head inside the arena. I then head into the locker room with all eyes on me.

"Is there something in my hair or...." I say checking my hair.

"No, have you seen all the sports show lately?" Ryan asks me.

"No, why?" I ask him.

"The thing that happened at the beach was caught on video and was played on T.V" Ryan tells me.

"Whatever, that fucker deserved it." I say starting to change into my gear.

"So you don't care about what everyone is saying." Andrey Pedan asks me.

"I don't care about what other people think of me, mostly if they don't know me." I say starting to put on my chin pads.

"That was really bad ass tho." Hutton says as everyone agrees.

*AFTER GAME*

We ended up winning 4-2 against the Flames. I got 3 assists as Jake, Granlund, Gaunce and Burrows with the four goals. Right when we got to the locker room after fist bumps and giving our sticks to O'Neill, i started to get out of my gear and take a quick shower without washing my hair. I then change back into my dress and heels. After a few interviews with the media I decide to head home.

"Ryan, i'm heading home!" I say grabbing my keys and phone.

"Be safe!" He yells.

"I will!" I yell back heading out the door. One my way to my car. Once heading out i see Jake heading to his car. I'm about to call him but then, some girl runs over to him, what?

"Hey Jake!" The girl says.

"Hey Amanda!" Jake says to Amanda.

"So are you really going to take me to the dice and ice event tomorrow?" Amanda asks him.

"Of course babe." He says kissing her. What a fucker.

They both then gt in the car and drive off. I then make my way to my car with anger boiling inside of me.

I should have known not to trust him. That's the fuckboy logic, They'll like you, say they like you, but goes with another girl. I then pull out of the parking lot and head back home.

*AT HOME*

Once i reached the house i am still filled with anger. I then get out of the car and head to the front door unlocking it going inside. Right when i got inside, I took off my jacket and shoes putting them in the closet at the front door.

"Naya, is that you?" Noureen asks coming down the stairs.

"Yeah, it's me." I say heading to the kitchen. I then get a bottle of water from the fridge and chug the whole thing. And then crushing the bottle out of anger. I would have done something worse, but I know that Bodhi is asleep right now.

"Naya, where are you?" Noureen asks.

"In the kitchen." I say trying to steady my breathing. I then hear small footsteps coming into the kitchen. Once she reached the kitchen she sees me and get very worried.

"Naya, are you okay?" Noureen asks coming closer to me.

"Honestly, i don't know anymore." I say letting a tear slip out of my eye.

"Oh my, what happened!?" Noureen says running over to me and gives me a hug.

"While we where in Florida Jake kissed me and asked for me to got out with him when we get back to Vancouver. Fast forward to weeks later, he has been ignoring me and he found a new girlfriend, which he is taking to the gala tomorrow. I really though he was going to take me to the gala, but i guessed wrong." I say snuggling into Noureen's shoulder as she rubs my back.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. You know what, we are going to show him what he missed out on. Tomorrow, we will get our hair and nails done, and buy you an amazing dress and shoes!" Noureen says making me smile.

"I'm really lucky for you to be here right now." I say then pulling away from her.

"I know." She says flipping her hair.

"I'm going to head to bed. What time should we leave?" I ask.

"Well the gala is at 7pm, so we will leave at 12:00" Noureen says.

"Perfect. Goodnight Noureen!" I say making my way to my room.

"Night Naya!" She says back.