2. Dinner With Ryder

Chapter 2 - Dinner With Ryder

The second I walk in the school, I am immediately slammed into a hard wall. But wait.. Walls don't have arms, do they? No, that's insane of me to think that. Or maybe they do! We just never noticed! They could hav-

My thoughts were interupted with a deep chuckle. I look up and am faced with a pair of beautiful green eyes. He's fairly tall, considering i am only 5'2 and he's about 5'7 or 5'8. He has captivating green eyes that can get you to fall in love with him in an instant. Sharp jaw line, careless brown hair that looks like he just woke up, a tattoo on his left shoulder, a lip piercing on his lower lip, and again, those dark green eyes.

His arms were currently around my waist as I studied his face some more until I finally said something without thinking,

"Who are you?"

"Ryder Chance, love"

I stared at him in confusion. Love? Did he just call me love? So I said what my mind was thinking, "Love? Did you just call me-"

Ring Ring

"That's the bell, love. Best be going to class, I'll see you around.. Love." He said with a wink and let go of me and walked away.

And before I could register what happened, he turned around and said "Oh, and no, walls dont have arms."

I stared at him confused, until I realized that I said my thoughts from earlier out loud. I gasped and felt blood flush to my cheeks.

"Oh my gosh. Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes you did, love. Now I'll see you later, Lovely." and with that, he walked off in the halls, looking sexier than ev-

Wait what?! Did I, Clarity Charms, just think that? Man, I must have hit my head real hard. Yup, that's it.

After I came to the conclusion I hit my head real hard, I realized I was late for my first class. I groaned and headed to my calculus class. Oh, how I loved Mr. Youth. Note the sarcasm. I don't get how his last name is Youth, considering he's at least 50 years old.

Once I entered the class, I immediately said something before I could help myself, "Im so sorry Mr. Youth, I was walking and I ran into a wall and I got distracted. I think that walls have arms now because I ran into the wall and it caught my waist before I fell. And then when I looked up I saw a boy instead of a wall. And then I also came to the conclusion that walls dont have arms and that I ran into a boy instea-"

"Miss Charms" Mr. Youth groaned. I didnt realize I was ranting until now. My face had to look like a red tomato by now. "Just go sit down in your regular seat and we can get you caught up tomorrow."

I nodded wordlessly, covering my face with my hair as I walked to the back seat where the window was. People were looking at me with surprised faces, seeing as I have never talked that much in my life. But what they don't know is that every time I get nervous, I start to rant about my day or anything Im thinking.

Once im seated, the door swings open again. Revealing the boy I ran into earlier. Ryder. The girls in my class automatically straighten themselves up, and start to roll their hair in between their fingers and batting their eyelashes in a flirtatious manner. As for me, I just stare at him in all his glory. Slumped in my seat, waiting for him to say something.

"May I help you?" Mr. Youth questioned. "Yes you may, my name is Ryder Chance" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "ah, Mr. Chance, welcome. I see you are the new student. Take a seat anywhere you please." Ryder glances across the room until his eye come upon mine once more. And luckily for me, there's a seat behind me. Again, say hello to my friend called sarcasm. All the girls give me glares while Ryder is still making eye contact with me. I turn my head away, just now aware he was staring, but I can still feel his eyes on me.