5. I'm Not Your Play Toy

Clarity's POV

It's Monday again, we all know what that means!! A grumpy Clarity. It's not that I don't like school, I do, it just can get so boring, you know?

And having no friends makes it even harder to have fun. I'm not sure what me and Ryder are. I guess we're friends, right? I'm not totally sure.

I think he's just playing me. I'm not his play toy. I hope he knows that we will never become a thing. I think he just wants to get in my pants, and then he's going to leave me like we never met. I don't want him to leave me. No matter how hard it is to say it, I enjoy his company.

I walk my way towards the school, and as I start walking, it starts to rain. Great. Just what I needed. Even though I own a car, I sorta like the rain.

I continue to walk and I hear a car rumble next to me. I look over, and you can guess who was there. Ryder Chance himself, the Bad Boy. And yes, with the capital B's.

"Need a lift, love?" he asked with a wink. "No, Ryder. I'm okay with walking thank you very much." I said matter of factly. "Come on love. It's raining and I don't think you want to walk all the way there, and plus, you're going to be late if you walk." he stated.

My eyes widen. I quickly take my phone out and he's right, it's 7:45 am and if I walk, I'll be 10 minutes late to school. I sigh in defeat, "fine," I mumble. He smiles very brightly, as if he's very happy with the fact I agreed to go with him.

I give him a confused look and say, "what?" My eyes widen again, "Is there something on my face? Oh no, I didn't even eat this morning. How could that happen now-"

He chuckles, "there isn't anything on your face, love." I stare at him, "Then why were you looking at me like that?" I ask, with an obvious curious expression.

"Like what?" He's acting dumb. "Ryder! Don't act dumb!" I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes, "Just come on, or we're gonna be late." he mumbled.

I do as said and get on the bike, and remembering with how fast he drove last time, my arms automatically go around his waist without thinking. He tenses a little until he turns the engine back on, and starts to take off.

I was expecting to take off really fast, but we didn't. In fact, we didn't even move. I open my squeezed eyes and look up. Ryder is staring at me with his back still turned towards me. I give him a confused expression. He furrows his eyebrows, then gets off the motorcycle, and before I can even say "Skittles", I'm in his arms and he's walking the opposite direction of the school.

"Hey!! Ryder! Put me down! What are you doing?! Ryder!" I shout. But he doesn't stop walking. He's carrying me bridal style and whenever I try and wiggle out of his arms, he tightens his grip. I sigh in defeat and cross my arms, considering he can carry me with no effort already.

"Ryder, what are you doing?" I mumble in annoyance. "Doing what I should have done ever since I met you." He whispered. I don't think I was meant to hear that, but I did.

"And what exactly is that?" I said, with my arms still crossed and one eyebrow raised. I'm starting to get impatient as to why he dragged me off his motorcycle and away from school.

He puts me down, and I flatten my jeans and shirt before trying to walk back to school, "If you aren't going to tell me, I'm just going to walk to school now, Ryder. Have a good day." I said before turning back around.

I walk past him until I'm in a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. And those arms belonged to Ryder. I'm not sure why, but whenever he touches me, I start to feel nervous and weak. He makes me inevitably nervous. And I don't know why. I hope I'm not starting to like him, that would be bad.