24. Brokenhearted

"I don't get why we couldn't just take my motorcycle," he groaned, stepping out of the Honda my mom owns.

"Because," I shrug, already out of the car.

Ryder scoffs, "Because what?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Because, it's a death trap!" I exclaim.

Ryder rolls his dark green eyes and looks at me bored, "Let's just go get some food and we'll be on our way to see Drew," he mutters.

I look in front of me and I see my favorite place to eat breakfast. Waffle House.

I know it seems like a very basic place to eat, but let me tell you, their waffles are so good. Once the taste lands on your tongue, you're basically trapped.

It's like heaven, in just one bite.

I may be slightly over exaggerating, but seriously, their waffles are really fudging good.

I look over to a sulking Ryder, "Oh, come on, stop pouting about your motorcycle," I nudge his shoulder.

He looks down at me, and tries his hardest to glare, but then breaks into a smile not too long after. He wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my forehead.

Once we get seated, Ryder jumps right into a conversation, "What did Damien do to you?" he asked, slowly, and had a cautious look on his face.

I blink.

If anything, I didn't think that those words were going to leave his lips. I wasn't expecting this day to be a day where we bring each other back into the past. We have had way too many of those days.

And they never ended well.

Ryder slowly backs away on the opposite side of the booth, "Forget I said anything," he mutters, looking back down at his menu.

I freeze. Did I upset him?

It wasn't that I didn't want to answer the question, it was that I didn't expect him to ask such a.. hard question for me.

I don't know how to answer that question in all honesty.

"What hasn't he done?" I finally reply, rolling my eyes, trying to play it off cool.

He looks at me, but doesn't say anything, indicating for me to continue.

"When you were supposedly gone, and it was summer time, I had a little small.. fling with him," I chose my words carefully. "We never dated, I never had a boyfriend before. Well, until now," I smile at him.

He kindly smiles back, but again, doesn't say anything.

"I thought I fell in love with him. He made me feel wanted. He made me feel everything a girl wanted to feel. Happiness. Carefree. I just felt so happy with him. And then, when the summer ended, I thought it would be over, but it wasn't over. He apparently lived not to far from me. This all lasted until May 20th, 6 o'clock, of 2014. He said he would be back 2 years later. I didn't believe him, at all. But, there he was. Two years later. On my front porch. He really broke my heart. Even though we didn't date, I still fell for him. All for his stupid flattering and 'love'. I felt stupid. I feel stupid," I huff in annoyance, stabbing my forch into my plate of waffles.

I look up from my, now destroyed, waffles and I see Ryder's jaw clenched and his hands into the form of fists.

"He did what?" he says with venom.

"Ryder, it was two years ago, I think I can live," I sigh.

I left out the part of the whole deal with my dad and him. I didn't want him to be more.. aggressive than right now, or more than normal.