9. Regret

Clarity's POV

Regret.

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling. Maybe even a little worse than regret.

It's been 3 whole weeks without Ryder talking to me.

I get out of bed, slumping and pouting my way to the bathroom for a shower. My body was itching for a shower. They calmed me down on my worse. Other than Nicole.

Nicole.

She's my friend again! My mood immediately picked up, and I forgot all about the Ryder situation a few weeks ago.

I walk out the shower, happy. I woke up, happy. For once in my life, I'm happy again. Ever since I became friends with her. And I am so happy she's my friend again.

I put on a plain black shirt, black skinny jeans, and my white converse. I'm so basic. I look like a robber even.

I start to walk to school, but not before petting my overly fat cat, Pluto. Ironic that she has a male dogs name, and is in fact a female, and a cat.

And that's when I remember.

Ryder.

Our fight, him leaving, me crying.. My smile from my face dropped. Why did I have to be so stupid?

But yet, I may have also saved myself from anymore heartache. This short amount of heartache, won't be as bad as me really falling for Ryder and ending up not being able to love again.

This is all that has been on my mind for the past few weeks. I'm a complete mess. And Ryder hasn't showed up for classes either. I haven't seen him since the last time we talked, which was our outbreaking fight.

I take things too seriously. But I can't help it. I always act before I can think, that's why I'm so uptight. I can't have someone love me. It's really hard for me to accept the love given to me, if I have never been loved.

Not even by my parents. My dad left, and my mother is too busy at work. I never had a boyfriend, and I only had one friend. Nicole.

Her name brung a smile to my face again. I love her.

"Claws!" Nicole comes running over to me and hugs me. I chuckle and hug her back, with a bright happy smile on my face.

She pulls away and smiles down at me, yes, she's taller than me. Everyone is taller than me.

"I missed you Claws!" She squeals. I laugh at this, she's adorable.

"I missed you too, Nikki," I chuckle. She smiles at the nick name I always gave her. She wouldn't let anyone call her Nikki except me, even when we weren't friends.

"I still didn't allow anyone to call me Nikki, even when we didn't talk," she whispers, still smiling.

Hearing her say even when we didn't talk made my chest ache, but I pushed that aside.

"I feel honored, Nikki," I put a hand over my heart, and wipe away imaginary tears on my face, but then smile when I see her roll her eyes.

"Still the same Claws I always knew," she shook her head. "So how are you and Ryder?" she wiggles her eyebrows and winks.

I freeze. My face goes blank of emotion. I stop walking. Blink. Blink. Blink.