Chapter 8

Adam’s POV

The walk to our first class was a long one. The whole time I could feel judging eyes burning holes into my back and I knew Sauli felt it too as he kept gripping my hand tighter and tighter. “Just ignore them.” I told him as I rubbed my thumb across his hand. He gave me a small smile.     We walked into math class and took our seats at the back, Mr. Warner hasn’t arrived yet. Thank God! I really don’t feel like doing math right now. To be honest I just want to crawl back to bed, preferably with Sauli next to me. We coul- I got caught off my a pair of snapping fingers in my face.    It was Sauli.    

Sauli’s POV  

The whole time we were in the hall I felt like I was walking on pins and needles.

Everyone’s eyes were on Adam and me. It was uncomfortable. I kept gripping Adam’s hand for comfort. “Just ignore them.” he said while gently rubbing his thumb on my hand. It was comforting.     

When we arrived to Math class I noticed Mr. warner wasn’t there yet. Thank God! Adam and I sat down in the back of the class, where he seemed to have been consumed by another world. I hope he wasn’t still secretly mad about my incident with Tommy. Seriously, Tommy was cute, but I only have eyes for Adam. I began snapping my fingers in front of his face for about five minutes before he came back to reality.      "Everything alright?" I asked him noticing a slight bulge in his pants. I giggled. "Really Adam?" He looked down, gasped and quickly grabbed his math book off of his desk to hide his growing problem. "Umm…" he said eyes darting around the classroom, "Oh look! Mr. Warner is here!" I looked up to see him walking into class, briefcase in hand and a coffee in the other. "Okay class settle down." he yelled and grabbed the chalk from his desk. With one more look to the class he began writing our lesson on the board. Ugh. this is going to be a long, tiring day.    

Adam’s POV

  "Everything alright?" he asked. No. nothing was fine. He kissed Tommy, my dad kicked me out, I’m really getting sick and tired of this bullying and worst of all I just want to get that video away from Monte. I have a feeling he’s up to something mischievous. Somehow when I look up and see Sauli’s face my thoughts take a more sexier path. Him. Me. Bed. I noticed Sauli started laughing. Why? He looked down and I realize why he was laughing, the glambulge had its own plans. I quickly grabbed my textbook and hid it. Oh God! That was embarrassing. The only thing I could think to say was, "Umm…" I looked everywhere in the classroom trying to find something to talk about, just one thing to change the conversation. Ahh! I found my distraction. "Oh look! Mr. Warner is here!" I said a bit too excited. I just wanted to kiss him a million times to tell him thank you, but ewww…that would be gross!!    

When Sauli sat back in his seat I remembered that I still didn’t answer his question about if everything was fine? “Sauli.” I said quite soft, “we need to talk later. Lunch time?” he simply nodded and turned his attention back to Mr. warner. Sigh. this was going to be hard. I hope time goes fast today.   The next two periods fly by fast and before I know it, it’s time.    

*BRRRIIIIIING*

    Time for lunch which means time to talk to Sauli. Sigh. I hope he doesn’t get mad at me for bringing this up. I timidly walked into the lunch room and spotted Sauli right away sitting at the back of the room alone at a small white table. His face lit up when he saw me walking over, but I couldn’t utter a smile and slowly but surely I saw his smile fade away. I sit down to the table and begin. i need to get this over with.     "Sauli, I- I, ughh," I stuttered on the words, I just didn’t know how to get this out. It’s simple. "Ummm…" Sauli wasn’t looking the least bit happy and seeing that caused me to blurt it out. "Sauli I’m still pretty pissed that you kissed Tommy and then I’m also kicked out of the house by my homophobic dad and my life is just terrible Sauli!" It felt good to get that off my chest even though he pretty much knew all this. He just looked at me and I could see the tension growing with each passing second, which was why I was so surprised by how he replied.