Chapter 5

Ellie's POV
I'm sitting on the floor in front of my desk like I usually do when I'm working. "Is this a force of habit" Antonio asks as he comes into the room.  "I like to see things with different perspectives, and it's helped solve many old cases I've worked on quicker than expected." I say looking up at him as Jay and Erin walk in. I get back to work but I see Jay out of the corner of my eye pointing at me with a confused look, looking at Antonio "I'm seeing things in a different perspective, it's the way I solve cases and process things, it's the way my brain works, the way I've worked." I say. "Well has it lead to any new leads" Jay asks as o get up.  " yeah it has or at least I think" I say getting up and writing a name on the board. "Looking at this file for 40 minutes has me thinking this guy was more involved then he let on" pointing at a picture I just put up "we talked to him he had a alibi for the murder" "well based of of the forensics and autopsy reports say he did it or at lest it leads me to believe that" I say "well let's see if a months time can change his story " Jay says walking into Voights office with Erin.
Jays POV
"What is going on" I ask "what do you mean" "Voight I thought this case was being handed over to the cold case unit" "yeah well with her history and former NSA skill set I thought it would be helpful if she to another look at it, to see if we missed something."Voight responds
Ellie's POV
"Hey Voight I have the scanner form and my personal info" I say walking into Voights office "get over it Jay" Voight says "we already checked this guy out" " former NSA surly gets in the way" I say setting down the papers on Voights desk and leaving his office. I grab my coat and head out.
Erin's POV
"Way to go" I say to Jay grabbing the papers and finding the address"I got to go apologize for my partners bad behavior." I say giving a glare to Jay. I walk out to my car to find Ellie sitting in hers. I hop in the passengers side.
Ellie's POV
"What are you going to be mad at me bring former NSA too" I ask turning my head to face hers "no I can to apologize for my partners bad behavior and manners, he doesn't usually act this way." She says "Rules of Gibbs #18 never say you're sorry. It's a sign of weakness. But I guess that would apply to Jay if he were apologizing" "Are there rules for everything" "almost everything. The one I found the most funny was to give people space when they get off the elevator" "what rule is that?" "Number 20, I think" "so it's hard to keep them in order" "oh yeah, I swear some rules are the same numbers as another" I say laughing