Chapter 6

Ellie's POV
We go back into the office only to Jay sitting on the edge of his desk on his phone. I can tell somethings up because there's some sort of fear in is eye. "What's wrong" I ask "what, nothing" he responds as quick as he could "that's why I know somethings up" I say as he gets up and heads to the locker room. "I I got" she says walking towards the locker room so I stay here.
Erin's POV
"What the heck was that" I yell "An old friend of mine, his daughter was kidnapped and I told Voight and instead of working on finding her he has us working on month old or more cases" he yells back handing me a file as tears are coming to and from his eyes as I walk out. "Go over this kidnapping case see what you can start on the board and if Voight gets mad, tell him to take it up with me" I say handing Bishop the file Jay gave me. I walk into Voights office "why, usually your all about not waiting 48 hours to report someone missing and it's just about finding the kid" "this kid has been missing for over one and a half weeks already and missing persons are working it" "and like you haven't done a shared or side investigation of you own" "fine your running it" "no bishop and or Jay are going to run it." I say walking out of his office and slamming the door
I call Antonio "drop what ever your working on we have a new top priority case" I say.
Ellie's POV
"Jay you and Bishop are leading this case, I'll be in my office" Voight says "he doesn't want to work this because missing persons is already working this case" Erin says giving a dirty look. "Riley Taylor, 13, kidnapped from her house while her parents were away for the weekend. Security cameras caught this black van leaving fast with a partial plate numbers 254" "I start a search for those" " by the look of it it's a 2009 mouse so start your search with those and use the GPS locators" "we don't have a warrant for that" Olinsky says "let me see how I can help being former NCIS" I say pulling out my phone and dialing a number and when it rings I put it on speaker "hey bishop" "hey Tim can you do me a favor" "depends on the favor" "since we need a warrant to track a car can you do it we have a very important week and a half old kidnapping case and NCIS doesn't need warrants can you track one here in Chicago with the license plate numbers 254 and is a van possibly a 2009 and its black" I ask "yeah hold on" there's two but I'm assuming it's the one in the abandoned warehouse district" "thanks McGee I owe you" I say "your welcome hope it works out" he says as I hang up the phone and we go tack up.
"Here's your vest" Jay says handing me a vest for the intelligence unit with my name on it. "Thanks"  I say putting it over my head and tightening it. "You want a long gun or your hand gun" Ruzek asks "I'm fine with my hand gun I say hoping in my car. I follow the rest of the team to the warehouse where the girl should be.  "Go" Jay says as we head in after he kicks the door down. "Cover me" Jay says running over to Riley who's unconscious and then t a guy comes out and before I know it the suspect and I are on the ground. "Bishop your ok it's in your shoulder and vest just hold on" Erin says "I got her you grab Riley" Jay says picking me up and taking me outside as sirens are getting closer and closer. When the ambulance is there "it's not a threw and threw so your going to need surgery" the paramedic says "Jay" I say "yeah "take my phone and call  Gibbs, McGee, or Tony." I say tossing him my phone and losing consciousness.