Chapter 6

I came up above the water. I couldn't touch the bottom. I kicked my feet to stay above the water.
"You okay?" Jesse asked me.
"Yeah I'm fine." I replied. I started shivering I was really cold. Jesse started getting out of the water. He walked over and stood on a fallen tree, that hung over the river.
"Watch this!" He said. He jumped and front flipped. He came up and flipped his head, to get the water out of his hair. I just laughed. I was still shivering and I couldn't touch. He swam over to me. "Here hang on to me." He said as he held out his arm. I reached out and grabbed his hand. He pulled me close to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and used that to stay above the water.
"Jesse! Jesse!" A voice called from the woods. I got a little scared. "Josh.!" He called back. Josh and Taylor came around the corner. Josh looked excited for some reason. Then I knew why. He took off his shirt and dove head first right into the water. Taylor was standing there laughing at him. I was still holding onto Jesse. Josh swam over to the edge and climbed out. "What are you laughing at?!" He ran straight towards Taylor. He picked her and threw her into the water. Then he jumped back in after her. She came up out of the top of the water laughing.
We swam around in the water for a while. Tay and I laughed and watched the boys jump, and swim and stuff. A while later we went into the house. Jesse grabbed us towels. He went into a room. When he came out he had some clothes in his hands. "Here put these on. I'll put your clothes in the drier." I went into the bathroom and changed I
left on my bra. It was already almost dry anyway. After I came out Taylor went in. Jesse put our clothes in the drier. We went back and sat by the fire. We roasted marshmallows, and talked and some of the boys were messing around on four wheelers and stuff. It was about 3 in the morning. Tay and I were ready to head home. "Hey Josh,"Tay said. He turned around wrapping his arm around her waist. He leaned in so he could hear her better.
"Can you take me and Carly home?"
"Yeah baby." He replied. All three of us started toward the pickup when Jesse came over. "You leaving me already girl?" He asked grabbing my hand to help me into the truck. "Yeah." I said.
"Well here," he grabbed my phone out of my hand. He put his number in my phone. I was seating on the seat of the truck, with he door open. "Thanks!" I said smiling. "Goodnight and don't forget to call me." He said with a little smirk on his face. I couldn't help it before he turned around I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "Goodnight" I whispered. With out saying anything he turned and walked away. I shut the door.We drove off. I watched him as he faded out.
I missed Jesse. I loved him. He's a country boy.