Chapter 16

Carly's POV

I called Taylor again. This time she actually answered! "Hey Tay you want to come over later?" I asked as soon as she picked the phone up. "Jeez do I even get to say hi?" She laughed back. "But yea ill be over in a few." "Okay bye!" I threw my cell phone on the bed. I threw on some decent clothes. A pair of jean shorts and a tank top. I made my bed and threw my other clothes in the laundry. I herd the door open. I knew Tay had come she doesn't even ring the doorbell any more. I here her come up the stairs and into my room. "Hey!" I said. "How are you?" She as she plopped down on my bed. "Good, whats going on with you and Josh?" I asked. I was so confused with what they were doing. "Hey wants to take me back to Tennessee with his family." "Why would you want to leave Georgia though?" "He wants me to be away from my dad." She replied back. "Do you want to go?" "Yea I don't want to be away from Josh. If my dad gets released out of jail I'm going. But hey you have to tell me about what happened with you and Jesse the other day!" She said hitting my arm."He took me mudding with a bunch of guys and we got stuck, we had to walk a half mile back to the trucks and he carried me." "Carls, you to are so cute together!!!" She squealed. Yea
I smiled back. Tay and I made cookies later that day. We frosted them and everything. We hung out all day. I was glad things were back to normal. Tay was healthy again. She went back to being my best friend. Tay and i hung out for a while until Josh came to get her. Her dads court date was set for the next day. I figured that Taylor would end up moving to Tennessee with Josh no matter what. I was bored and going to be home alone all day today... And for the next three days. My mom went on trip with my dad for work. I wanted to go with because its the summer, i don't have anything to do. But no my mom had to have it her way. But whatever maybe this will be fun....

After spending most of the day with Taylor, I had to get the kitchen cleaned. I turned our tv on to channel 904. All that played on that channel was country music. I listened to the songs play as, I put the dirty dishes into the dish washer. I thought to myself, gee this is a great way to spend my freedom when my parents aren't home. I had on my grey sweatpants and a light blue T-shirt. I started the dishwasher and was in the process of washing the counter. When I herd a rumbling noise outside. I ran to the living room window. Jesse's old chevy was sitting in the drive way. Oh great I thought I look like crap. I ran to the tv and turned the volume down. The door bell rang. I ran to the door opening it while sliding on the hard wood floor in my socks. "Hey!" Jesse laughed."Come on in." "I herd you were home alone for the next couple days and I thought id stop over and make sure you were doing alright." That made me smile. "Do you want some cookies Taylor and I made them." Jesse took a cookie. He sat down at the table. "You want some help cleaning?" he asked getting up and making his way around the island counter to where I was standing. "Jesse you don't have to come over her and help me clean." I sighed. "What about if I made the mess, then would I have to clean it up?" he asked. I knew he was getting at something, I just didn't know what. "yes, I would expect you to help me clean th-." I got cut off by Jesse... sticking his hand in the bag of flour and throwing it all over my face! He laughed. I grabbed some flour and threw it back at him! "hey!" he yelled! I felt him grab me from behind and pick me up. He spun me around the kitchen. He tickled and threw some more flour at me. I tried to escape his grasp but couldn't. "Jesse! Jesse!" I screamed! "yes?" he said stoping, but not putting me down. "Stop!" "Stop what?" he said acting like he had no idea what I was talking about. "Stop doing this!" He tickled me some more! "YES!" I screamed back laughing! "Okay I will stop." He put me down. This made me realize how tall he is. Actually I don't think he's really that tall. I'm just really short. "Oh hey look, I made a mess, I guess I have to stay and help you clean it up." He said. "I guess you do!" I said smirking back. Now I got it. he wanted to stay. Jesse and I worked on cleaning up the kitchen. I was glad he was here. I really didn't want him to leave. I kinda didn't want to spend the night by myself either.