Chapter 12

We went back up to the hospital to see Taylor. She was getting better. They had taken her off of a lot of the machines she was hooked up to. She was still in a coma. I'd sit up there with her for a long time. I'd talk to her too. Maybe, just maybe she could hear me. I tell her that she needs to wake up, that she isn't going home after she gets out.

Josh, Jesse, and I talked to the police about it all. There was nothing they could do. They said for her to move out she was 18, she could. We were all talking, up in the hospital room. I didn't know what was really going to happen.

A few days later, I was up in the room with Taylor. Nobody else was up there, just Taylor and I. I was sitting in the chair by Taylor's bed. I was watching TV. I had been up there all day. Just sitting, and watching TV. I started falling asleep. I felt my eye lids getting heavy. My whole body just relaxing. Next thing you know I was dreaming. Dreaming back to the night, the night of the party. When Jesse and I were dancing. When Taylor and I had got all dressed up. Then I herd Tay's voice like she was actually talking to me.
"Carly, Carly." Something had touched my hand. I didn't know why my body wasn't waking up. I kept hearing the voice, I knew I was still sleeping. I knew I had to wake up. I forced my eyes open. I was still in the hospital with Taylor.

"Carly" I looked around. Jesse and Josh weren't here. I knew I was awake. I just couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. I looked over at Taylor, and there she was. She was there, laying in her bed, the same way she had been before. Except for one thing.