Chapter 20

It had been almost a week since Josh and Tay left, she had only called a few times, but things were better for her. I was okay. I missed my best friend and just really wanted her back, but I did what was all right. Jesse and I had been really close since they left. We had hung out almost everyday and we had a lot of fun. We had gone mudding once or twice and went to the movies.

I had went to town today and when I got back there was a package on the front step. I thought how strange it was and who it would be from. I took it up to my room I laid the light blue box down on my bed. I looked at it for a while, the matching blue bow what tied neatly around the box. I didn't have any idea who would have gave me this. I opened the box to see a pretty short white dress with lace on the bottom and a jean jacket to go with. Underneath was a note that read.
'Put this on and look pretty! Wear your cowgirl boots I'll be there at 7
~Jesse '

I smiled knowing this was gonna be special I hoped. I had no idea what was planned. At around 6 I told my mom Jesse was picking me up and that we were heading out. She gave me the okay to go. I did my make up and put on the beautiful outfit, I curled my hair. I was all ready standing down in the living room waiting for him to come.

A while later Jesse and his big black truck came pulling in the driveway. I grabbed my sweatshirt and ran out the door. "Bye mom!" I yelled as I shut the door. I got in Jesse's truck and we pulled out of the driveway. "So! where are we going?!" I asked scooting over into the middle seat. "You look beautiful." He said smiling at me. I
could tell Jesse had planned something very special. "Thank you." I smiled turning a little red in the face. We drove out of town but I didn't know where we were going. We just kept driving. We had been driving for almost an hour, I eventually had my head on Jesse's shoulder, his arm around me. The radio was on, I still didn't know where we were going but this was a pretty good date for me. A little while later the truck stopped. Jesse and I got out of the truck. "Jesse what are we doing out here in the middle of no where?" He didn't say anything just pointed. This was like a fairy tail! It couldn't even be real!